Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

feynrir

I throw my cards hastily into the study group too! :D Well...after tomorrow, that is. When the full-deck beauty arrives.

I cannot wait!

Babalon Jones

Since my time w/ tabula mundi, i cant shake it's images. It sneaks into almost every other reading i do w/ other decks. I've actually switched over to taking a TdM deck w/ me when i do readings (and am not using Tabula mundi) just because i figure there's no way it can infiltrate if i'm busy looking for tendril and vine patterns. lol.

The force is strong then :livelong:

That is cool to hear because the cards were designed to be that way, easy to call up to memory, to visualize in the memory palace. Adding the colors of the GD color scales will only help I think.

Here is the 8 of Wands in progress, and my messy table

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 210

Alta

I am glad you post and add pictures of the work here. I check your blog occasionally too. Finding the both the deck and process remarkable, but reading and seeing makes it real for me.

Dark Victory '39

The force is strong then :livelong:

That is cool to hear because the cards were designed to be that way, easy to call up to memory, to visualize in the memory palace. Adding the colors of the GD color scales will only help I think.

yeah, it's quite the deck. This time of year if i read for family and friends they all want Bohemian Gothic or something flashy and dark. I don't read v. well w/ bogo, but lo and behold the tabula mundi grafted itself and came along mentally for the ride. The ten of wands in that deck w/ the old woman and her gigantic ballooning shadow came up, and I saw t.m.'s pressure cooker anvil appearing over the bag. And then quite lovely really, the 8 cups in bogo w/ the woman walking away under the prague-ish vaulted ceiling-- the ceiling beams match t.m.'s lunar piscean influence of the masthead boat. This is the only black and white deck I have, and there is something about the clean crispness of the images that seems to help its ability to reappear in other places. (Tho of course, i will eventually get the color version.) I have the majors only in color, and it is my favorite tarot, hands down. The thing i'd take to the desert island if i could just have one deck, even though i wouldn't have any minors or courts. Oh well.

Babalon Jones

yeah, it's quite the deck. This time of year if i read for family and friends they all want Bohemian Gothic or something flashy and dark. I don't read v. well w/ bogo, but lo and behold the tabula mundi grafted itself and came along mentally for the ride. The ten of wands in that deck w/ the old woman and her gigantic ballooning shadow came up, and I saw t.m.'s pressure cooker anvil appearing over the bag. And then quite lovely really, the 8 cups in bogo w/ the woman walking away under the prague-ish vaulted ceiling-- the ceiling beams match t.m.'s lunar piscean influence of the masthead boat. This is the only black and white deck I have, and there is something about the clean crispness of the images that seems to help its ability to reappear in other places. (Tho of course, i will eventually get the color version.) I have the majors only in color, and it is my favorite tarot, hands down. The thing i'd take to the desert island if i could just have one deck, even though i wouldn't have any minors or courts. Oh well.

You have no idea how happy this makes me! Thank you!
And for you, a glimpse of the Ten of Wands in progress. Literally watching the ink dry now. Just a few touch ups on this one then the Wands suit is done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 217

starlightexp

You have no idea how happy this makes me! Thank you!
And for you, a glimpse of the Ten of Wands in progress. Literally watching the ink dry now. Just a few touch ups on this one then the Wands suit is done!

Hmm something tells me that isn't a glass for washing off brushes there ;).

These are looking amazing btw

Bluefeet

Gorgeous! Would love to see more "sneak peek" images from the full-color edition! :heart:

Babalon Jones

Hmm something tells me that isn't a glass for washing off brushes there ;).

These are looking amazing btw

I only wash my brushes in oatmeal stout :)
Kidding, I try to keep my brush water and my glass far apart from each other. (Have indeed mixed them up before!)

All of the Wands are done now and I just posted the decans of Sagittarius, so there is another sneak peek there.

http://www.tabulamundi.com/the-colores-arcus-edition-sagittarius-decans/
next up will be the 2 of cups. I'm working my way through the decan cards of the suits then will do the courts last.

Padma

And I thought the Nox and Lux was the epitome. Well, you have outdone yourself! These are g o r g e o u s!!!!!

Love the colour process,as well as the results. Well done you! And now I guess I shall have to buy the colour edition, as well...

daphne

High quality art and wonderful drive!
Your work is such a delight!