The Gilded Tarot Royale

AJ

Ciro, for those of us clueless in Seattle so to speak, which cards are the reworked cards?
I'm guessing the larger ones, but the 6 of swords, I like the smaller image better.

Sorry for not being up to speed.
And the mightiest of good jobs to you and your publisher in that 250K copies sold.

cirom

Oh dear, then I guess it my intended improvement hasn't succeeded in your case. The larger one is the new version.

AJ

Now you take that back. :)
design for yourself and the people will follow!
I'm just funny about my sixes of swords. I love the boat on the reworked one, reminds me of our NW Haida art.

all success!!!

VGimlet

I would definately buy one. The mass market Gilded is my working deck and has been for a long time. One of the very, very few decks I actually bought another copy of, as a back-up.

jackdaw*

I like some of the reworked images better, and some of the originals. Really like the new Hierophant and High Priestess, for example, but prefer the original Magician and Page of Pentacles. But overall, a nice touch in the reworkings.

I very much like the new frames. Very elegant, understated.

But do they have to be so BIG? :bugeyed: What's wrong with card-sized cards?

cirom

Now you take that back. :)
design for yourself and the people will follow!
I'm just funny about my sixes of swords. I love the boat on the reworked one, reminds me of our NW Haida art.

all success!!!

Oh I was only kidding. I have shown various images on Facebook over the last few weeks and several people have indicated a preference for the original version. I think thats to be expected. From my perspective the "improvement" if any is a from an illustrative view. The emotional response will always be varied and personal to each reader.
Thats how its should be I think.

As for the larger size, well thats also a hit or miss, some clearly prefer a "normal" sized decks because of comfort and handling, other prefer the larger size in order to better see the artwork. With some styles i.e. strong line work and flat colors that would be less of an issue. But I do try and put a lot of detail into my images and so if your like that sort of thing, then a larger size is better option.

GryffinSong

I figure if someone likes the smaller cards and some of the older images they can buy the mass market edition. :) I want the big, new ones so I can really drink in your scrumptious details, and am really looking forward to seeing the new images as you share them.

moderndayruth

Gilded is my main reading deck right now and i'll be getting the Royal version too. ;)

olarte

I totally agree about the size, you want small, get the existing version.

The Steele Wizard and the MAAT decks are on the top 5 of my personal\favorite decks...

Part of it is the large, huge, beautiful sizes... yes they are a handful but they are also full of beauty, detail and much more accessible to young and old eyes.

It's not all about the shuffling, as Pam Steele suggests, simple let the cards fall on each other gently the way you would in a regular shuffle but without the force... but that's another thread.

one aspect of size that I would prefer is having no borders... while I appreciate the borders on the Steele Wizard (after having trimmed the extra black areas leaving just the braided borders), I prefer that the MAAT uses the complete surface area to communicate the images to the reader. More intimate, and more deep.

GreenMoonBeam

For some reason the image I previously posted for the Hierophant is a little blurred. Here is another card to compensate.

This has to be a testimony to your awesome abilities as a deck creator, if I (at least) can say after these first cards, I am going to have this deck.

WoW! :love: