Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

wooden-eye

Hi Babalon,
Are you still out there? How is M? Hope you are both well.
I was reading some old creation threads from 2011 and came across your questions regarding the Rosetta. Does it all feel very different this time round? You must have been on such a journey since beginning that first deck.
Thinking of you beavering away while I wait for my deck to be printed and consider this constant cycle of new beginnings.
Wooden-eye

Babalon Jones

Hi wooden-eye!

I just happened to notice this. Things are ok, though the Devil manifested in mind rather than art, and I got a little derailed there for a bit. Funny how that happens...

But hopefully soon I get my head on right again.

Congrats on your deck being all way to the printing stage! Happy for you :) And yes, it was (and is!) a journey and it does feel different this time, not *as much* confusion and uncertainty and anxiety. Still a lot of work but the pace has been slower and I have been taking more time this time. I really pushed myself to finish faster the last time, while this time it is more about getting everything just right. Or trying to!

Thanks for thinking of me and if you have any juju to send so I can overcome this Devil hangup. I must have a strong shadow side as it seems to have messed with me a bit.

"Lucifer son of the morning, I'm gonna chase you out of earth!
I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase satan out of earth
I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth
I'm gonna send him to outa space, to find another race
I'm gonna send him to outa space, to find another race"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJBFI_OLdU

(hahaha that song gets stuck in my head all the time I couldn't resist, now it will be stuck in your head too)

Obsydian

This deck is incredible!
I love the images and they seem to resonate with me in a way most human oriented decks don't.

wooden-eye

Babalon, if your Devil is the kind of fella who comes up behind you and slaps you in the face with some of your own less fragrant aspects (a tricky move that one) I know that guy too well. I'll send you some of my best juju, in fact you may as well a have it all, as it has never done a thing for me. Just spent a year or so totally on top of it all and now a couple of months realising I was no such thing. Again.
Off to follow that link you left, bit nervous though, as I have been known to have songs ring through my every waking and sleeping moment of weeks on end, if this happens I'll send it back in an envelope with that juju you ordered. Don't worry I'll combine the postage.
👹Wooden-eye

emmsma

I've just discovered this deck in progress today, when ordering your Rosetta deck.

I happily poured through this thread, reading along and looking over each image and post in your blog. I will be following this thread closely. Your images are a joy to behold and I look forward to that future time when I can hold my copy in hand.

I love the strong Empress, the funky modern Fool and Magus. Fortune is breathtaking, as is Hanged Man and Death.

Thanks so much for sharing your creative process. If you do plan to hold back some of the future Major cards, could you please share your Tower. It is always my fave card and the first that I look to in a new deck.

Babalon Jones

so right after I finished and posted this card, I went out to take my dog for a walk. in the field across from my house, some people were doing some sort of glossolalia, speaking in tongues, shouting out gibberish with great vigor at the top if their lungs. i don't know if they were practicing Santeria or what, but it seemed like they were having a ceremony to cast out devils or something. Freaky!

Babalon Jones

Next up, The Tower! All last night I was dreaming of it, composed of little cubes of matter.

Hard to get a good nights rest when dreaming of the Tower, lol.