Page of Pentacles

spinningspider

Whilst there are a few threads on this forum dealing with Robin's Pages in general, there is no "Page of Pentacles" thread...'til now!

As mentioned by others in the general Page posts, Robin drew wonderfully helpful items that hang off the belts of her Pages, in order to give a hint as to the Page's essence and what a particular Page stands for/represents. The Page of Pentacles sports a hardcover book, representing scholarship, study, and for me, research. If the querent, be it me or someone else, asks a question and this card comes up...inevitably I'm guided (or I advise the querent) to delve further into the topic via reading/research of some sort. No matter what, deeper...not surface...thought is needed.

This is not a frivolous or silly Page, but instead has the same qualities of groundedness to the earth and sympathy for all its creatures, as the other court cards in this suit. She's less concerned with outward appearance (including her own) and more concerned with what lies within the heart and soul of the matter...getting to the nitty-gritty of things. Being drawn shoeless exemplifies how she is connected to the land (and loves the feel of fresh grass between her toes!) The card reminds me of the beauty of simple things and how we shouldn't take anything for granted, but instead always be grateful (for things such as clean air and water; freedom to move, think, and speak; etc....)

I love this Page's three, beautiful braids ~ with Robin writing in her book, "...to show she is growing into the tradition of the Maiden, Mother and Crone." The very Fir tree that the Page of Pentacles stands near reinforces this strong threesome represented.

The Pentacle that the Page holds up sometimes seems to me very sun-like (conscious), and sometimes moon-like instead (unconscious)...with the rays illuminating on all that is studied/researched. Robin mentioned that the 8 rays around the Pentacle represent to her the wheel of the year, but is quick to say that we should go with whatever the symbols she has drawn represent to us. I so appreciate that Robin truly encourages us as readers...aiming to help us trust our own intuition.

shiresun

"Ancient Mother
I hear you calling
Ancient Mother
I hear your song"*

~ ~ ~

"Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecete, Demeter, Kali, Inanna." She swayed slightly as she repeated the chant, many times. There was a sense of the very Earth beneath my feet, vibrating. I was mesmerized by her dedication and devotion to the singular point of the disk held aloft in her small hands. She was so young, yet, within this moment - for it was the first I had seen her - it felt as if she was as ancient as the Ancient Mother to whom she sang in between her chants. Her voice was like the sweetness of honey, pure, honest, and dreamy.

Not wanting to disturb this meditation and personal celebration, I remained silently back, then quietly, in my own revery, I turned and followed a trail back toward the castle. I was reminded of a blend of The High Priestess, and The Star, both of whom seemed to be a great influence for the reverence of this novice, training in the service of The Mother, for whom her family stood.

Image - This is the daughter of the king and queen, and sister to the knight in this Land of Pentacles. She is a shining example of Spirit manifesting purity and dedication in childhood. She stands barefoot, nothing between her and her connection to the Earth, holding the pentacle of her faith, which shines its light out to the Universe. The Wheel of the year is represented in the 8 beams of light from the disk. Her tunic is all the earth colors of her family. On its belt hangs the book she carries with her. She is a student, when not attending her duties in the community.

Insights - Within the innocence of a child, manifests the purity of faith, not because she must, but because she wants to embody the living qualities with which she communes daily. She represents scholorship, studiousness, the essence of the methodical way, deliberate, and dedicated to her path.

*song for Page of Pentacles: Ancient Mother by Robert Gass