Storing multiple decks

nisaba

I was wondering how do you store your decks if you have more than one.

I have more than one.

I keep them all either in their original packaging, or wrapped in silks or bags. Actually *storing* them, though, is an issue. Over the years, I've gathered a collection of about four large wicker baskets and several more smaller ones: I keep the bulk of them there. There are always at least half a dozen scattered around my computer table. There are always five in my Tarot Bag, the bag I take when I read publicly which has other things like my tablecloths, hourglass/sandclock etc. There are always at least two in my handbag. When I own a car there are usually four or five on the front passenger's seat, which I cover with a tea-towel when I leave the car in case they tempt thieves.

From memory, I think that's it. Certainly at the moment.

Laura Borealis

I had mine scattered around - some by the bed, some in a drawer, some in the front room on the bookshelf, etc.

Yesterday I decided to rake them all together into a pile. It's not quite everything as I can't locate one of my books (and I forgot another book, plus a deck that was on my desk). But that's pretty much everything... about 38 decks I think. The red box on the chair is full, and there are a few more in a small wood box that you can't see under the pile of books on the floor.

Tomorrow I'm going to get some kind of small shelving unit for the bedroom and keep them all together from now on.

I wish I had kept all the original tuck boxes. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• unscattered collection.jpg
    unscattered collection.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 179

Mab

I wish I had kept all the original tuck boxes. :rolleyes:

Me too... what possessed me?
I have just ordered some replacement tuck boxes, because I have been a bit concerned about some of my decks rattling around loose in bags. I'm just going with plain white, so I can decorate them, but custom printed ones are available, apparently. Let's hope they're OK. :)

Laura Borealis

Me too... what possessed me?
I have just ordered some replacement tuck boxes, because I have been a bit concerned about some of my decks rattling around loose in bags. I'm just going with plain white, so I can decorate them, but custom printed ones are available, apparently. Let's hope they're OK. :)

Great idea! Where did you order them from? I keep thinking I could just make boxes, but getting around to actually doing it isn't happening.

Meanwhile I have gotten my decks and books all sorted into a small shelf unit. It was meant for CDs and DVDs but works great for decks. Lenormands and other assorted small decks are currently hanging out separately, in a wooden box. I could have crammed them in with the big decks, but decided not to.

Attachments

• tarot shelf.jpg
    tarot shelf.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 156

Mab

Great idea! Where did you order them from? I keep thinking I could just make boxes, but getting around to actually doing it isn't happening.

I hope it's OK to say that I got them from Makeplayingcards.com
Yes, I made a box once. It was rubbish :)

November's Dawn

There is also a way how to store couple of decks together, especially ones you currently work with. Those toiletry bags have a nice capacity to store 4 or 5 decks together and nice to carry them with you. I only wonder will their material effect decks since they are made of polyester.

Laura Borealis

I hope it's OK to say that I got them from Makeplayingcards.com
Yes, I made a box once. It was rubbish :)

Ooo. Thank you. The plain ones are a good price, and no minimum order... perfect! :)