Geeeeeooo the Slooow

Adjustment

My impressions with Geeeeeooo the Slooow is that sometimes we need to deal with some challenges one day at the time without letting problems overwhelm us. He is also telling us not to be in a hurry when making important decisions, to take our time to think things through. Does anyone have other impressions with this card.

Jewel

To me Geeeeeooo the Slooow is about slowing down and enjoying what we have around us. A time to get out of the rat race and take a look around at the blessings we have. A time to appreciate things that ordinarily we take for granted.

greenbeans

I did a reading for my boyfriend the other day- he was asking for advice on buying a rather pricey sports car- and Geoooo showed up along with Honesty and Myk.
I told him he needed to take his time, think things through carefully and look at all the details, as well as asking himself what he really wanted from the car.
He groaned and said 'that's what my parents keep saying!' Of course he wanted to be told to buy buy buy! and not worry about the consequences! I do think of Geoooo and Myk as two kindly old uncles or grampas offering good advice of patience and wisdom that we don't necessarily want to hear! lol!

redflash

I'm new to the FO so still learning. Just looking at this one makes me take a slow, deep breath & relax !

I think of him as telling us that we are rushing along at such a speed that we are missing the important details - family, friends, the natural world around us, that we will still get to our destination even if we slow down to enjoy life on the way.

Geeeeeooo makes me feel very peaceful, like I want to stop what I'm doing & snuggle up on the couch with chocolate & a good book.

sagitarian

I associate this card with something that a friend of mine said to me once, while I was going through a rather difficult time. She said "sometimes, the longer you hold something and just examine it, the longer you look at it, explore it, explore everything about it, and you just hold it, the more you come to understand the thing and the purpose of that object(ive)". I believe Geoooo speaks the same message, the longer you take at doing anything you do, and anything you do is worth while doing, you will do better at it if you take your time doing it. I believe he's the teacher in showing you how to be a "MasterMaker" at something.

It's what helped me get through a very difficult time with my husband, to just take it so incredibly slow that it seemed like time had stopped a few times. But that slowness in time I used to it's fullest in examining my marriage and why I got married, if I still loved my husband and why, what I wanted right now, and compared it to what I wanted when I got married. If I'm still getting what I need and want in this relationship, what is at stake if I leave, what will I miss if I go, what would I gain by leaving, is my heart TRULY ready to let go, is our karma done? The longer I spent thinking about what we had fought about, and my emotions of everything I felt about the entirity of the situation, the longer I "held" the subject in my hands and examined it, the more I learned, and understood, and it helped me greatly to make a very important decision. To stay with my husband. During this time, as I said, it seemed that time went by so slooowwwlly and I believe Geooo was slowing down time for me in order to allow me to examin the situation throughly. He helped me greatly with this.

Sage

no_moon

sagitarian,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your heartfelt post!! I got Geooo as the answer to how I should approach a problem I currently have, and help me adjust my point of view, as I desperately want to see the positives here instead of the negatives.

To tell the truth, it is not the first time I have seen Geooo with respect to my situation. Perhaps Geooo returns to me for just what reasons you mention-- that it is necessary to slow down and time for all aspects of the situation to be considered, especially taking care of myself and my own needs in the relationship. I really admire how you were able to work through such a tough time with your husband and gained hope and guidance from this card. I hope I could be as strong!

I may take time out and go write down thoughts about my situation and try to see how I can work through my own side of it by myself....

Venus Moon

When I 1st got the FO this little guy had a huge, very intimate message for me.

Part of it (and very shortened) was to quit rushing my healing, that nature takes her own time and rushing or being impaitent can harm you pretty bad. I have a tendency to think things aren't happening on my 'right' timetable and try to force or control things! He told me things happen in their own time, that everything is unfolding as it should, and at the speed it should, at all times. Trust in that.

This biblical verse came right into my head and had immense meaning (and I'm not christian either, so it was strange all around lol):

Ecclesiastes
Chapter 3 Verses 1-8

To everything there is a season, and
a time to every purpose under the heavens:

A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck
up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a
time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a
time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to
refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence,
and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace.

qwaychou

I see Geeooo as having the ivy grow around him, and he watches it curl and move upwards towards the sun. He is of the earth, even his name is Earth to me, like geography=Geooo
He is very old and has learned the value of not rushing and enjoying what life has to offer.
He is contentment, and for me, that's a life lesson I have to learn.