Which kind of gemstone/crystal should be used for cleansing/charging Tarot decks?

morticia monroe

faerieluca said:
could someone PM me with the info for Morticia's House of Quartz?

ROFL

Oh dear, I'd better clarify,,,sometimes I forget that there are newbies here...

Sometimes I am the only one who is in on my humor, but this was a bad place to do it, I don't want to confuse anyone or break any AT rules...

There is no such thing as Morticia's House of Quartz. I am lucky enough to be able to drive to Arkansas a few times a year and I go and dig my own crystals, and have a fairly abundant amount. So on occasion, I pass a few of them out to members. I'm sorry for the confusion.

That said,

I would be happy as a clam to send you a few points if you'd like them. The fee is that you must pay it forward, and help someone else out when you have a chance.

PM me with your address. :) And welcome to AT!

Alta

morticia monroe said:
I don't want to confuse anyone or break any AT rules...

There is no such thing as Morticia's House of Quartz.
And I knew that! :joke:

Alta

Morgane_49

Alta said:
And I knew that! :joke:

Alta

And here I was all ready for some online shopping!

makani

missy_ said:
Woops, I forgot to answer the question about cleansing a tarot deck! :D I use the light of the full moon, not crystals, to cleanse a deck. Initially when I receive a deck, I cleanse the cards by putting them outside on the ground during a full moon. It may take more than one night during the full moon and I am very careful of the cards, since I live in an area of high humidity.

Missy - do you lay the cards out individually, or fan them out? Also, are they on a spread cloth, or directly on the ground? I'm concerned about dew getting on them and making them soggy. Or worse, it's wooded behind my house, and what if a small animal comes along in the middle of the night and snatches a card. I have thoughts of a fox running around the area with the 3 of Cups in his mouth!

Morgane_49

You can also place them in a windowsill or somewhere inside where you know the moon shines through.

I never put anything outside - the racoons and squirrels will take it away before I get back in the house!

makani

I'm in a quandry, the moon does shine into the house, but just for a while, it's so treed out there they block the moon shine. And I think no matter what part of the house I place the deck, it will only get the moon's rays for a little while. Is this acceptable?

Morgane_49

Yes, that will be fine.

I don't always worry about charging my decks in the moon light. Sometimes I just sleep with them under my pillow for a week or so - I've had some amazingly insightful dreams by doing this with a new deck. I'll spend days shuffling and charging them with my own energy prior to actually using them.

Don't make it hard on yourself! Do what you're most comfortable with.

makani

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm taking some of this stuff too literally. You're right, I need to find what's comfortable for me, what works for me.

Morgane_49

Your energy is all the cards really need! It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes.

My best 'bonding' time with my cards is when I sit quietly, just shuffling or looking through them.

The rituals are more for us than they are for the cards, sometimes!

Conniejfoster

Gems with my Tarot Cards

I have small quartz clusters I keep on my decks of cards. I store them in the silk bags I made with my cards and use them when I read. When I do events I alternate my decks and keep the cluster on the deck. I let my clients choose the deck that "speaks" to them.