Gems or stones for happiness/joy

Padma

Try Vesuvianite instead, ,if peridot bothers you! I love both, but Vesuvianite is a stone that reflects Maya energy, therefore it is earthy and calming, and is a lovely green. I think citrine is very happy-making as well, if you are looking for joyful stones, that is one of them! Also lemon quartz does a good job at making one feel effervescent :)

Red Tiger's Eye also inspires joy, as does tourmaline of any colour. The black tourmaline is known as "the stone of joy" for its ability to shatter negativity, and it helps dissipate depression, as well :)

starsofnorth

I never heard of that vesuvianite. Thanks for the suggestion.
Black tourmaline and any tiger's eye don't work for me. Neither does citrine which is one of my favorites.

Tanga

Aside from their metaphysical properties (as listed in numerous books etc.),
stones that make me feel happy are:

-Turquoise - I have a miniature statue of Hotei, patron of fortune tellers (the happy Buddha) and one of a frog. They make me super happy.
-Amber - golden or yolk yellow.
(green amber makes me feel more in an "interaction with the Deities" mood.
black - I associate with banishing and secrets).
-Lapis Lazuli
-Tanzanite (a watery red-blue)
-Tsavorite (which comes from my birth country, Kenya. It's a mid-yellow green, almost like emerald, which is more blue-green).
-Fire Opal (fiery iridescence always makes me happy - so Fire agate also)
-Yellow Topaz

Black tourmaline I associate with protection, banishing (again) and grounding - though translucent black tourmaline - the "Apache's tear" - I will carry if I feel I need to banish sorrow/a shock.

Red stones are always for energy when I'm tired or ill.

Peridot I wear when I need help with "going against the flow" (one of my great strengths) or when I'm feeling particularly daring.

RiverRunsDeep

I have a rose quartz crystal that is smooth and shaped like a heart. I like to hold this one in my hand or carry it in my pocket when I want to lighten my mood.

Padma

StarsOfNorth, I think it changes in regard to whatever energies you vibrate to. Everyone here has given you great suggestions, in regard to what works best with their personal elemental energy...

My theory is this: you will only best love at any given time, those crystals that represent your blockages. So, wherever you are blocked will attract the correct crystals to you for healing. They know what they are about! :D Plus, everyone resonates to a different element/energy and so there can only be suggestions, no answers or comparisons. :) You and the crystals have to figure that out together!

starsofnorth

Padma---I do know everyone is different. I was curious about what others have used, and it is awesome that everyone here shared! I held vesuvianite in the store this week, it annoyed me but at some other time I will get it for my collection. I have crystals or rocks that no longer resonate with me, but I keep them and I am glad they made me feel good at that time.

kipahni---I bought blue calcite and green calcite. I am seeing results already!! Feel calmer, less tense, happier, someone just moved out of my life. Great!

linnie

hello starsofnorth :)

I understood what Padma was saying to be not only that people are different, but also that the same person will need a different crystal at different times. That's certainly true for me, although any quartz crystal with a rainbow brings me joy immediately, on any occasion... it makes me smile. I can overlook citrine quite often, but I have a faceted citrine point that also has a rainbow, and every time I pick it up I gasp at its beauty. And Mangano calcite, even more than rose quartz, along with a chubby, round, belly-laugh vibe carnelian, gives me that huggy, warm fuzzy, I'm feeling loved kind of joy and contentment :) Any crystal that is exceedingly beautiful in its own right, aesthetically speaking, just delights me, and a pebble picked up from the ground, if it has a personality, can become one of my absolute all-time favourites... I just love mineral friends, full stop, and almost all give me joy... but i agree with those who don't fit comfortably with jagged pieces. I don't shave off pointy bits, i simply pass them forward to someone who doesn't have that issue. :) :heart:

Padma

Hmmm...how about prasiolite, then? (green amethyst). It is a powerful little worker, and the clarity and clolour of it remind me of citrine. Worth a try?

kipahni

kipahni---I bought blue calcite and green calcite. I am seeing results already!! Feel calmer, less tense, happier, someone just moved out of my life. Great!

Great! The main thing I see with people who may have issues with stones (like it isn't working kind of complaint) I tell them "Are you placing your intention on them?" Like Quartz would be a good example a client stated "I still feel sick!" and I told them " Well when you make focused statements of illness of course quartz is going to MAGNIFY the intensity. so instead you say, I am healed. I am walking out in wholeness. I have strength and capability to handle everything. ect while using the stone as a meditation point"
Another way stones may not resonate with each person has to do with their energy chackras, are they blocked? reversed? leaking?
Lastly if a certain stone doesn't resonate with you it could be just that stone. Not the TYPE. try using different shapes, polished vs un polished, and size and see if the effects change.

jillkite

Rituilated Quartz - the angel's hair makes me feel happy :)