The De-Enabling Thread

cosmic_bubble

I think I've just been re-enabled *cough*

;)

gregory

cosmic_bubble said:
I think I've just been re-enabled *cough*

;)
Sorry about that..... at least I shrunk the financial consequences for people... :D

Jewel

catbaloo said:
Yup Gregory should be banned from this thread. ;)
In all fairness to Gregory, she did post the link in the Magical Forest thread, not this one, so there is not reason to bann her *LOL*

gregory

Jewel said:
In all fairness to Gregory, she did post the link in the Magical Forest thread, not this one, so there is not reason to bann her *LOL*
Why, thank you, darling. :D :love:

The next time you want de-enabling, I will try really really hard. (It is NOT my greatest talent. Unless you were thinking of the Charmed :eek:)

mysticmonkey

Jewel said:
True, I was thinking of it more as a preventative measure for the future safety of our wallets. :D
Then again I should probably just stay clear of the "Tarot Decks" forum altogether. *lol*

Jewel

catbaloo said:
True, I was thinking of it more as a preventative measure for the future safety of our wallets. :D
Then again I should probably just stay clear of the "Tarot Decks" forum altogether. *lol*
~giggles~ shouldn't we all. So perhaps I will leave the "Tarot Decks" forum for now and go to Tarot Garden *ROFLMAO*

Gregory, I am pretty much lost cause once I really want a deck, but perhaps in the future I will let you practice on me ;)

Annabelle

QueenofPentacles said:
I can't lie, the Llewellyn is very pretty. But the Minors are done in a different style than the Majors - more cartoony line drawings than watercolours. I think the inconsistency may bother you before too long. ...And maybe it's just my eyes, but the font for the titles make them VERY hard to read. And since many of the Majors are not readily obvious from the images what archetype they represent (at least not to me), this can also create difficulties.
Agreed on all counts. The Llewellyn is a "pretty" deck that follows the RWS closely, at least in the minors. But the majors and minors are done in a different art style, which is a bit bothersome. And as QofP noted, the title font on the cards is difficult to read.

To me, it's a pretty RWS clone with almost fantasy-art styled majors. It's all together okay, but not apt to win my vote for deck of the year.

sapienza

I'm thinking of getting the Celestial set. I've studied Astrology for awhile and love Greek mythology and like the idea that this deck combines both. Anyway have it and hate it that could help me save my money???
Thanks

gregory

sapienza said:
I'm thinking of getting the Celestial set. I've studied Astrology for awhile and love Greek mythology and like the idea that this deck combines both. Anyway have it and hate it that could help me save my money???
Thanks
ER - I have to say yes, and no.... :|

jackdaw*

I don't have it, but I can make a couple of points about it ...

First, the artwork may be a little washed-out for some people.

Second, so many different Tarot artists/designers/writers have their own system for reconciling astrology and particular cards. Because astrology is so integral to this deck, if you don't agree with this particular system it will probably make it unworkable for you.