Deviant Moon Tarot--Page of Pentacles

afrosaxon

The Page of Pentacles stands posed with a pentacle in his left hand and a large wrench in the right hand. He wears a red cloak trimmed in gold, but his body is made of metal machinery. His hands are actually metal claws, kind of like pliers. A factory is in the background, and nuts and bolts are scattered at his feet. He is staring at the pentacle in his left hand.

Why are those nuts and bolts at his feet? Did he try to "fix" something and those nuts and bolts were leftover...and may have been necessary to whatever he was fixing?

I get a sense that he built that pentacle from scratch.

The wrench...why so big? Like it's overkill or overcompensation. He is favoring what he perceives as power, over finesse and skill. Like people who carry extra-big guns or drive extra-big trucks. :D

Is there significance in that he is wearing one red shoe, and on his left foot?

Thoughts?

T.

Onyx

afrosaxon said:
The Page of Pentacles stands posed with a pentacle in his left hand and a large wrench in the right hand. He wears a red cloak trimmed in gold, but his body is made of metal machinery. His hands are actually metal claws, kind of like pliers. A factory is in the background, and nuts and bolts are scattered at his feet. He is staring at the pentacle in his left hand.

Have you ever seen the movie Robots? This guy reminds me of the main character. He is a young guy who has gone to the big city to make a name for himself. I have always seen the Page of Pentacles as one who works hard and good with his hands. The student who is learning and perfecting his abilities.

afrosaxon said:
Why are those nuts and bolts at his feet? Did he try to "fix" something and those nuts and bolts were leftover...and may have been necessary to whatever he was fixing?

I get a sense that he built that pentacle from scratch.

I got a flash of my father's garage when I see those little bits and pieces left over. When my father is working on a project there always seems to be pieces left over but he always finds what he needs.

Then, I look at the feet of the Page and I think of my Mother's closet? Huh . . . high heels on the Page of Pentacles. It seems awfully dressy for the work but hey the little worker is wearing a cape to and seems to make it work.

afrosaxon said:
The wrench...why so big? Like it's overkill or overcompensation. He is favoring what he perceives as power, over finesse and skill. Like people who carry extra-big guns or drive extra-big trucks. :D

I like where you are going with the overcompensating but I thought of something a little different. I saw the wrench as a symbol of ability. He is able to handle the job. Or that he is learning to use them, maybe.

Onyx.

callistoluna

I think compared to the rest of the Pentacle Family, he is rather thin (the page is missing the armour/clothing that the other Pentacle court cards have in abundance). His pentacle is just the outline - it's no where near finished as it is in the other pentacle court cards.
There is a lot of promise in this card - like the tools are there to be used and the materials (or starting ones) are also available. The oversized wrench indicates to that the knowledge and tools are there in abundance, that the potential is pomising.
He/she looks to be thinking intently (a bit of steam/smoke coming out of the pipe on his head)
The two different shoes - one male and female - the page is a hermaphodite or sex undecided! - he/she could go either way since everything in this card is new and so undeveloped. The Page has the ability to adapt to the circustances surrrounding him/her.

Eeviee

From the LWB:
The scholarly page reflects upon an old pentacle he has found in a scrap pile. He has built himself with spare parts like these, and knows the value of such a remarkable discovery.

To me, the wrench is so big because it is such an important aspect of his character. He is a creator, inventor, and builder.

He stands among little bits of "junk", "scrap", nothing to most... But out of these pieces he has created himself, literally.

This Page is a self-made man, and one who truly knows "the value of a dollar".

poppiesrossi

His name is Rodney :heart: We have the movie "Robots" and it's on play here all the time..

Funny... because the Queen of Pentacles reminds me of that evil mother.. one that is crushing all the old robots.

Yes! I totally see Rodney here.. an inventor.. creative. But the first thing I noticed is the mask.. why is she wearing a mask.. what is she hiding (I always refer to this page as her. But love the Rodney interpretation)

I also notice the mismatched shoes.. and the industrial landscape. I sense this page is about working for what you truly want but there's almost mechanical feel to it.. that her heart is not really invested into the project. I think she's missing the big picture.. because she is so focused on the coin in front of her.. she is still learning about value.. and although she works.. she has not yet mastered the path she has chosen.

kaushalyaandfrank

To me, the wrench is so big because it is such an important aspect of his character. He is a creator, inventor, and builder.

He stands among little bits of "junk", "scrap", nothing to most... But out of these pieces he has created himself, literally.

This Page is a self-made man, and one who truly knows "the value of a dollar".

I agree 100%! Also, from the LWB, it can mean a young student eager to learn, or an inventive mind.