Maddonni tarot

LDee

Does anyone here use the Moddanni tarot? I have tried to use it but have had trouble connecting with it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to connect with this deck. It does not "feel" bad it just feels...I don't know how to put it into words..."beyond reach". Like Alice starring into the Looking Glass.

Could I get a public opinion of this deck?

Hi! I have used the Maddonni deck. It is an interesting deck and the readings are very direct and powerful. This was the first deck that I learned to read with--about 30 years ago. Since it is such an old deck for me, I keep it tucked away for my friends and me. The images are a bit stark for most clients--they like the pictures of other decks.

Your question really made me think because I have had them so long. I have to confess, my readings with this deck are more intuitive than with other decks. I don't "read" them, they talk to me. You really have to connect with the cards because the images do not give prompts like many of the decks. Have you tried meditating with them? Also, definitely go through the rituals of sleeping with them under your pillow, etc. Also...you might offer them a gift. My deck is a very powerful deck--but it is not playful. I go to this deck for the hard questions....and I usually get a very solid, often psychological, answer.

Hope this helps.

FLizarraga

Hi! I have used the Maddonni deck. It is an interesting deck and the readings are very direct and powerful. This was the first deck that I learned to read with--about 30 years ago. Since it is such an old deck for me, I keep it tucked away for my friends and me. The images are a bit stark for most clients--they like the pictures of other decks.

Your question really made me think because I have had them so long. I have to confess, my readings with this deck are more intuitive than with other decks. I don't "read" them, they talk to me. You really have to connect with the cards because the images do not give prompts like many of the decks. Have you tried meditating with them? Also, definitely go through the rituals of sleeping with them under your pillow, etc. Also...you might offer them a gift. My deck is a very powerful deck--but it is not playful. I go to this deck for the hard questions....and I usually get a very solid, often psychological, answer.

Hope this helps.

Do you use it for majors-only readings, or do you use the whole deck?

Personally, I don't do majors only, and couldn't deal with the lazy minors. The majors are incredible, though, in their own bizarrely beautiful way.

Michellehihi

Personally, I don't do majors only, and couldn't deal with the lazy minors. The majors are incredible, though, in their own bizarrely beautiful way.

Lazy minors. Totally. So disappointing.

FLizarraga

Lazy minors. Totally. So disappointing.

Right? If the minors were as bizarrely appealing as the trumps, I'd still have it. I'd like to know whose idea were those minors, anyway.

Michellehihi

Right? If the minors were as bizarrely appealing as the trumps, I'd still have it. I'd like to know whose idea were those minors, anyway.

What happened was that the publisher was knocking on the door, and the artist shouted " wait, give me 5 minutes and you'll have your complete deck" and shazam, that's how the pips ended this way!

FLizarraga

What happened was that the publisher was knocking on the door, and the artist shouted " wait, give me 5 minutes and you'll have your complete deck" and shazam, that's how the pips ended this way!

😂😂😂😂😂

LDee

Using the Maddonni deck

I use the whole deck. The minors are pretty bleak, but I find that the information comes through.

MissChiff

I have this deck.. I use just the majors...the minors are sooo boring! This deck reminds me of the Le tarot noir deck.

velvetina

ha ha ha!
The Maddonni deck was my main reading deck, until it was usurped by Le Tarot Noir!

I use the entire deck, the lack of images in the minor arcana is just fine by me as it allows for one's own insight and interpretation to flow clearly. I don't just see a 'blank', I'll see all the other associations of that particular card & then pick the one that seems most appropriate.

Customers aren't alarmed by the Maddonni - how could they be? All that fresh empty space and gentle swirlings. That was the second reason why it became #1 reading deck.
The Major Arcana is gorgeous. I've always hankered after having this version of The Star tattooed somewhere (this intention might happen in 2017, now it's been revisited!).