21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step EIGHT -- part two.

Onion Budgie

21 Ways: Step Eight

Step EIGHT: Radiant Rider-Waite, Six of Cups

8-2 (a) List as many metaphors/sayings as possible for the Six of Cups

reap what you sow
someone to lean on
six of one, half a dozen of the other
blooming marvellous
my cup runneth over
sharing is caring

8-2 (b) Statements and descriptives

I am reaping what I have sown.
I have found someone that I can lean on.
I think that everything is blooming marvellous!
I believe that sharing is caring.

The situation feels like I get what I deserve, good and bad.
The situation feels like sometimes I need another's help.
The situation feels like life is to be lived and enjoyed in good company.
The situation feels like it is better to share, to be involved, and to look out for one another.

8-2 (c) What do these metaphors suggest about your own situation?

I'm surprised by how apt they are. Sometimes I'm the young boy in his red hood, wanting to help and care for someone. And then at other times I'm his companion, perhaps needing help and grateful for assistance. And what an interesting and thought-provoking exercise this has been!

coyoteblack

You are doing an awesome job here. Some of the advanced steps are really long, but this was one of the more fun steps

Onion Budgie

Thank you! I know I'm really going to be tested as the steps get progressively more involved. I've peeped ahead to Step Nine already. The forum thread for it here is fascinating. I'm thoroughly enjoying this study. :) I wish that I hadn't come to it so late, and that other people were still posting along with me!

fractalgranny

isn't this amazing work? this book is genius. it was absolutely wonderful to read your post this morning, what a great way to start the day. our tarot cup runneth over! :)

Onion Budgie

Yes -- and the Appendices too, which contain such invaluable information. I'm very glad that I bought this book.

The "Adept" sections terrify me. :laugh: Perhaps once I reach the end of the Apprentice stage, the Adept won't seem so much like Mount Everest.

DarkYarns

21 Ways: Step Eight, Part Two

Illuminated Tarot: Eight of Cups

Leaving it all behind
Walk away from a good thing
Heading for the hills
Looking for greener pastures
All that glitters is not gold
Fed up
Reaching for the light
When the moon is full, it begins to wane
The same moon that wanes today will be the full moon tomorrow
The new moon can not come until the other has gone

I am leaving it all behind
I am walking away from a good thing
I am heading for the hills
I am looking for greener pastures
I am fed up
I am reaching for the light

The metaphors suggest that I am leaving a constraining situation to start something new (which I hope will be better).

gypsy white bear

21ways - step 8part 2

king of cups - legacy deck

my metaphors

- who knows what i've done
- quiet outside, noisy inside
- shadow of scare
- master of emotions
- chosen to lead, not born to lead

in sentences
- i am chosen to be king, so i'm not born leader type
- i have fears and scares but i dont allow to show it, i put it deep down in my mortal heart
- i sacrifice too much, who knows. i've already given up my personal life for you, stop asking me more

link to my life
i am the only child in my family. as every other asian family, i have to achieve great success to make my family-line proud
that is a heavy baggage for me, cuz i'm just a normal human being
i can achieve good things and i'd already had some but how many is enough???

i have lots of fears and secrets that can share to noone. i just have to deal with it all by my own

who cares what i have to do, what i have to deal with, what i have to give up to make my family proud

i'm human with great responsibilities
and i have flaws

Gwenelan

8:2.1
List metaphors for your chosen card.

- Chi semina vento, raccoglie tempesta. (You reap what you sow)
- Chi la fa, l'aspetti. (Who goes around comes around)
- Al batter del martello is scopre la magagna. (When the hammer hits, the guilt is uncovered) (the hammer is that of the judge)
- Dio dà il giudizio e poi dice adoperalo. (God gives you the ability to judge, and then he says to you: "use it")
- Giudice, non dimenticare che hai un giudice sopra di te. (Judge, do not foget that there is another Judge above you).

8:2.2

I reap what I sow.
The situation feels like retribution and punishment.
God gave me the ability to judge and then he said "use it".
I do not forget that I have a judge above me.

8:2.3
What do these metaphors suggest me about my situation?
First, I am afraid that I am seeing the Judgement like the Justice card XD. I see it like a process, an uncovering of truth the truth revealed. This is something I am longing for in my life. To obstain what we deserve, and to be punished for what we did - that's something I want to see right now in my life, but it seems to be a useless desire.

Deanne

21 Ways - Steampunk

Step EIGHT (Part 2) - Steampunk (Moore) - 5 of Wands

Metaphors and phrases that work for the image on my card include:
-about to strike
-storm on the way (or storm on the horizon)
-up in arms
-trouble in the air
-wrath from above
-shielded from the blow
-facing the enemy
-a vicious circle

I am about to strike
I am up in arms
I am shielded from the blow
I am facing the enemy

I feel a storm on the horizon
I feel trouble in the air

In terms of feeling like I am 'about to strike' or 'up in arms', I find I often have to restrain myself. I have quite a wicked temper (runs in my family...) and my first instinct in many situations to to lash out, verbally 'strike' the offending person/situation. I can also say that a 'storm on the horizon' fits here - I feel myself start to get tense and agitated, and I know I'm at risk of losing my temper soon. When that happens I know that I need to either get out of the situation quickly, or I'll have to keep a hold of my temper.

I should state I very rarely actually lose my temper. Very few people even realize I have this problem at all. But I spend so much of my energy fighting myself daily and it can be exhausting.

crystalrose

Step EIGHT - Silicon Dawn

Silicon Dawn - The Fool
There are several Fools in this deck, the pregnant fool is the one I'm working with - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/65/47/bd/6547bdf4b3f90799b371d15ca0df0a57.jpg

Metaphors:
- leap of faith
- pregnant with possibility
- dawning awareness
- taking flight
- where no man has gone before
- head in the clouds
- book smart
- wind at my heels
- dawn of a new day
- tabula rasa

Part 2 -
I am taking a leap of faith.
The situation feels like there are many possibilities yet to unfold.
My future is wide open.
I am taking flight.
I am going where no man has gone before.
I am leaving everything behind.

Part 3 -
Wow, the feelings from this card are very optimistic. It feels like I am trying to approach my life and my mind with a clean slate, which I am. I'm ready for a new beginning and to embark on a new phase of my life. The card suggests that my future is not yet set in stone and I have many options available to me. A whole new life could be right around the corner for me, if I so choose.