Deck in Progress: Untitled

tupieta

Hey ya'll,

I'm so excited to be working on my first deck. I've been having the itch for months now and since I have an art show I'm in, I decided to make the cards. the original work is on 14x17 bristol and is mixed media.

As I've progressed in my tarot journey, I longed for a deck that had representations of me. But most decks that feature black people or POC in general always have a heavy leaning towards traditional African religions (Orisha decks), Egyptian/Kemetic influences, etc. As a modern carefree black gal none of that resonated with me. So I set out to create a deck that was deep, intuitive and beautiful. The collage aspect has helped me make intuitive associations and symbols I would've not thought to use otherwise.

You can view them on my instagram (so far I have 6 majors done).

https://www.instagram.com/_tupieta/

DDwarks

I like it a lot! Looking forward to see more of this!

Edited to add:
How are you going to name it? It's *really* beautiful!

tupieta

I like it a lot! Looking forward to see more of this!

Edited to add:
How are you going to name it? It's *really* beautiful!

I haven't decided on a name yet. After I finish the majors (which the plan is to be done by next weekend) I should have a name. I know it'll come up when the time is right.

DDwarks

I haven't decided on a name yet. After I finish the majors (which the plan is to be done by next weekend) I should have a name. I know it'll come up when the time is right.

Please keep me updated because I'm absolutely 100% interested! I want it!

MissChiff

I like it too!!✨🌞🌚