Branching out into Oracle-?-

Whitestar

Hi!

I've been having a very nice relationship with tarot for about 15 or 16 years (with a chunk of years off while my kids were very small).

Lately I've been contemplating getting an oracle deck, most specifically Madame Endora.

My question is.....can anyone who also reads tarot share what oracle brings to their reading experiences? What is the benefit to using both? Are there times you prefer oracle to tarot?

Anything you want to share would be nice :)

Whitestar

Sweet Irish Angel

Hey - Good move forwards!!

Hey :)

I first fell in love with tarot about 14years ago, but now id say I prob perfare oracle cards lol :laugh:, I find it was easier to tune into oracle and feel that they work more with me and I can offer more indepth readings with oracle decks, I also find them very useful to clarify a tarot reading, and love drawing an oracle card at the start of a tarot reading to see what I need to focus on or just for an affirmation for the client, I always find oracle cards are more positive maybe thats why I like them so much, there are very little negative cards in any of the decks and I have quite a few, there very inspirational cards and wonderful artwork that are quite detailed and that in itself can build a lovely story for the client :)

hope this helps xx :love:

Whitestar

Hi SIA,

Thank you for your reply!!

What you said is so interesting! You did an angel reading for me a couple of months ago that was amazing. I can see how it works for you :).

It's nice to hear you find oracle cards just as--and even more satisfying than tarot!

I think I will defintitely give them a try. Hmmmm, now I have a lot of choices!!!!

Whitestar

faunabay

I've gotten more into the oracle decks than tarot because there aren't the "rules". I mean you can have as many cards as you want. They don't even have to have "regular" meanings. For example the Soul Cards don't have a LWB with any type of meanings at all. It's completely intuitive.

Now I do have to say I absolutely love some of my tarot decks too - magic realist decks in particular!! :* But those are easier for me to read intuitively. And they deviate from the normal RWS or thoth meanings. They're mostly RWS based but the artwork takes you into new territory with the meanings.

So I guess I like both but like my tarot decks to show me different things than just clones. But that's why I like oracle decks. :)

Sweet Irish Angel

Hey

Whitestar said:
Hi SIA,

Thank you for your reply!!

What you said is so interesting! You did an angel reading for me a couple of months ago that was amazing. I can see how it works for you :).

It's nice to hear you find oracle cards just as--and even more satisfying than tarot!

I think I will defintitely give them a try. Hmmmm, now I have a lot of choices!!!!

Whitestar

Hey :)

Glad that was of help to you, I just purchased 3 new decks today lol, see told you I was an addict haha
I got Archangel Oracle Cards, Healing with the Angels oracle cards & Angels & Saints Oracle cards, all by Doreen Virtue, love her decks :)

Choices, choises eh?? lol

~SIA~ :love:

Jewel

I started with Tarot and about 10 years or so into tarot I finally decided to explore some oracles. I have to say that my most favorite deck of any kind in the world is an oracle deck (The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud). I find tarot and oracles to be very different, as Faunabay said the oracles are usually more intuitive and don't have real "rules". Each one was a designed for a specific purpose and they are very individual.

Although overall I still prefer Tarot to other oracles, there are times that I prefer to use oracles over tarot decks. My yearly reading is a good example. I do that with my Fairy Ring oracle, and would not even think about changing that. I also do daily draws with my Faeries Oracle, and prefer an oracle to tarot for that as well. However, in most situations if I going to do a reading I will turn to my Tarot decks.

They are both special and I like having tarot and other varied systems to read with. Using oracles has helped build my confidence in reading tarot more intuitively. I have heard much praise for the Madame Endora cards, so I would encourage you to give them a shot (then report back so I can determine if I need to get that too! *LOL*)

caridwen

I use oracle cards when I'm feeling lazy or tired because their meanings are pretty clear cut. The only oracle deck I've really had to work at was the Faery Oracle by Froud which took a year of constant use before the meanings started to become clearer for me. It's a subtle deck that works with your natural surroundings and its meanings are only found in how you experience them.

Tarot is something that takes time and energy for me, and I prefer Tarot hands down to Oracles. But they both have their separate and meaningful uses - so like all things esoteric, it's individual preference.:)

Whitestar

Thanks for all of your replies!

There are a lot of oracle decks I'm interested in! It was nice to hear that many of you like to use both tarot and oracle. :)

Whitestar

sharpchick

I prefer oracle decks for "yes/no" type questions and for questions where I want a quick, definitive answer - that's also one of the reasons I love my pendulums.

Madame Endora is one of my favorite oracles to read with.

Pao

I also use oracle for yes/no questions and more advice type. I also feel that Tarot takes more time and energy for me. I can read into one card for days and its very specific but with oracle i get more clear cut feelings and vibes from. I LOVEEEE oracles so much. Both have their uses at different time I dont usually use them together. I started with tarot as well like 9 years ago but now i have like 3 tarot decks and 5 oracle and still want more!