A New TdM was born in Japan: Tarot de Marseille ISIS Version

Laura Borealis

This is a gorgeous rendition of the Marseilles. What are the minors like?

Melanchollic said:
Is that a bee on the Fortitude card? Is she going to force that poor lion to eat a bee!? :eek:
Looks like it's flying hatwards... a bee in her bonnet! :eek:

kenji

Melanchollic said:
Is that a bee on the Fortitude card? Is she going to force that poor lion to eat a bee!? :eek:
You're right, it's a bee. But have you noticed there's another one in LE MAT?:)

As you see, a bee is behind the back of LE MAT, while in LA FORCE it is just in front of the person's face. You may well wonder where the bees are derived from. Mr Onuma told me they were from the Rosicrucian image below.

Rosicrucian.jpg

The Latin motto in it means "The rose gives honey to the bees". According to Mr Onuma, the bee symbolizes nous, "inner wisdom". ( "The bee is a symbol of wisdom, for as this tiny insect collects pollen from the flowers, so men may extract wisdom from the experiences of daily life." from The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall) As LE MAT, he is not aware of its being yet. But on his journey he comes to notice it at the stage of LA FORCE.

This is (probably) the only feature which is not from other extant TdMs. I think it is perhaps meant to declare that this new TdM is also Mr Onuma's own creation, not just a copy of Nicolas Conver deck.

...and I have no idea whether the bee is yummy for the lion, though:p

kenji

laura_borealis said:
This is a gorgeous rendition of the Marseilles. What are the minors like?
OK I will prepare images from the minors. Be patient, please:)

Looks like it's flying hatwards... a bee in her bonnet! :eek:
And she goes mad, returning to LE MAT...:rolleyes: (LOL)

Flaxen

What a lovely deck!

Definitely going on my wish list. Thank you for posting the images. :)

Laura Borealis

kenji said:
OK I will prepare images from the minors. Be patient, please:)
Thank you, kenji :)

kenji said:
And she goes mad, returning to LE MAT...:rolleyes: (LOL)
A full circle!

Bernice

Bee here - or should I say 'Inner Wisdom' has arrived :laugh:

Thank you so much for more scans of the trumps Kenji :love: Mr Onumas' creation is very welcome.

Has anybody converted the price into UK £s yet?

Bee :)

Moonbow

Its about £24 without postage Bee. I did it immediately. :)

Bernice

Affordable. YAY! (Evie = there are times I love you).

I bet Gregory has got a copy in the mail as we speak :laugh:
Who ever gets it first, please tell us how you get on with it.

Bee :)

kwaw

Lovely deck!

The bee on force reminds me of the story of Samson, the lion and the beehive:

Judges 14:5-9
Then went Samson down, and his father and his mother, to Timnath, and came to the vineyards of Timnath: and, behold, a young lion roared against him. And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done. And he went down, and talked with the woman; and she pleased Samson well. And after a time he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcass of the lion: and, behold, there was a swarm of bees and honey in the carcass of the lion. And he took thereof in his hands, and went on eating, and came to his father and mother, and he gave them, and they did eat: but he told not them that he had taken the honey out of the carcass of the lion.

In Christian symbolism the Lion is Christ (the Lion of Judah) whose 'honey' is the Logos, and immortal life.

kwaw

... and the bee on the fool - perhaps his madness is the madness of love, as shown by Eros stung by a bee in many an emblemata:

quote:
While he was taking honey from the hives, a vicious bee stung thieving Amor, and left its sting in the end of his finger. The boy in distress cried out as his finger-end swelled up. He ran about, stamping his foot, showed his hurt to Venus, and complained bitterly that a little bee, that tiny creature, could inflict such grievous wounds. Venus smiled at him and said, ‘You are like this creature, my son; small as you are you deal many a grievous wound’.