The faery who was kissed by the pixies.

gorgeousbutterfly

I have a question. there is a pixie on the upper left corner. he is pointing to his head and looks like he is disagreeing with the what is going on with the faery and the pixie. but is he? or maybe this is something the faeries want me to know. he is pointing to his head so it makes me think what is going on with the faeries and pixies is not rational and purely emotional but why is he disagreeing? part of the faeries wing is pointing to his heart. maybe this is saying that you can't be too rational in love because you won't be happy and alone with no friends? you notice how he is alone and the other pixies who are showing nothing put emotion are surrounded by other pixies ?, not to mention the beautiful faery queen.

this is my most appealing card because the faery is showing me that you need to love yourself first and by loving others they will love you back. this card tells me to stop acting or pretending something you are not just so you will admired and loved by others. i got a clear message from her saying" i love myself and that is why i have lots of friends and admires" i also like that she loves herself and is brightening up everybody around her. i want to be like that because i want to make a difference in people's lives.

greenbeans

I'm so glad you made this post, gorgeous, as it gave me a reason to look at a card I always loved just when I was feeling short of inspiration. I never noticed before how the pixie in the corner stands out- he has his eyes closed, whilst most of the others are gazing adoringly at the faery.
I think he is part of the group though, in his own quiet way- he isn't grinning and blushing like the rest, but rather has a calm half-smile. As you pointed out, the glowing faery tip on his heart seems to show he has deep emotions, but perhaps does not show them. Resting his chin lightly on his hands he seems to me to mediate on the higher aspects of love.

Looking at him actually helps me make sense of the strange little fellow with the chestnut, in the other upper corner, he is slightly obscured by the number 21, but if you had gf/bf you can see him a little better. I always wondered why on earth he was holding the nut aloft! But, in faery lore the nut often represents earthy sensuality- hence certain slang words nowadays. I think he is showing the more physical, earthy type of love, whilst the pixie with eyes closed represents the more intellectual or spiritual nature of love. Both are important to the group, as shown by their both occupying mirroring positions on either side of the lovely wings.

geministar

I really like this card too. Its probably the most colourful one in the whole deck. I agree with greenbeans though. I dont think the pixie in the top left corner is disagreeing, he wants to be part of the group but is a quieter more loner type, just quietly joining in. Everyone else is really happy and smiling though.

.traveller.

Does anyone have any further thoughts on this card? It's been a reoccurring card for me this week and all I hear is giggles and squeals when I look at it.

elvenstar

Usually this cards speaks to me of love, reassurance, joy, belonging, acceptance... A big hug and a feeling that you are fine the way you are and loved for what you are.

But if all they do now for you is giggle, perhaps that is the message? :p A need to lighten up a little because things are better than you may think and you should just relax and enjoy life and relationships more?

Thanks for providing me with the opportunity to take them out and look at them, I love these guys! :heart:

.traveller.

elvenstar said:
Usually this cards speaks to me of love, reassurance, joy, belonging, acceptance... A big hug and a feeling that you are fine the way you are and loved for what you are.
oh, I like that...

elvenstar said:
But if all they do now for you is giggle, perhaps that is the message? :p A need to lighten up a little because things are better than you may think and you should just relax and enjoy life and relationships more?

Thanks for providing me with the opportunity to take them out and look at them, I love these guys! :heart:

Egads! I keep hearing this message (but what is about?! She asks herself...), perhaps I just need to try and still my mind so it all makes sense.

Thank you :heart: I have been working with the faeries more after a long hiatus and sometimes everything is crystal clear and other times it's like playing charades after a few too many drinks.
So I may be back with more "what is it?" questions :)

faunabay

This is MY card!!! This has been my favorite card since I got this deck many years ago! I love Queen Morna and all her faeries! I always get a emotional "pick me up" whenever they show up for me.

Jewel

.traveller. said:
Thank you :heart: I have been working with the faeries more after a long hiatus and sometimes everything is crystal clear and other times it's like playing charades after a few too many drinks.
So I may be back with more "what is it?" questions :)
Well hon that is the nature of working with these wonderful beings *LOL*

I am of the same opinion as elvenstar (who needs no excuses to pull them out and should join us for Faerie Seekers next month). To me this card is of unconditional acceptance and appreciation. Often from places we would never guess we have it from (all the faeries hidding in the card). It is also about loving ourselves. Treat yourself, celebrate who you are. I also find this to be a card of friendship.

Are there any specific details in the card really jumping out at you?

.traveller.

It is a pretty card, and a happy card. I always look forward to seeing it :)

What stands out... the well hidden/camoflaged green faes to the left of the card and right above Morna's head, between her and the fuzzy. And the fae under the number... I get the impression that he is going to pelt Morna in the back of the head with that nut. Not to hurt, but to get her attention the only way he knows how.
I almost can hear Morna say, "I know he is there but I am waiting for him to approach me with confidence"

.traveller.

Oh gosh... I think I got it.
I just reconnected with a bucket-load of people from my past, and they all responded except for one. After intensely worrying over that one for a week, I turned away and decided to focus my attention on all the ones (about 30 in all) who did respond rather than the one who did not.

Does this mean I'm going to get a chesnut in the back of the noggin? :p