The Healing Tarot Deck is COMPLETE

rwcarter

My Healing Tarot arrived yesterday as promised by Amazon. Can't say much about the deck at this point because as I was looking through the B&W cards the amount of color I was seeing distracted me. :( A number of cards have bluish smudges in the white border (the Lovers has what looks to be moon cycles on it, the smudges are so big) while others have streaks of gray smudges along the top or bottom borders.

I stopped counting after awhile, but I'd say about a third of the cards have some kind of ink smudge on them in the borders. Not sure if I'll return it to Amazon for a kit replacement or contact Schiffer to replace the faulty cards. Didn't have time to think about it last night.

juno-lucina

My Healing Tarot arrived yesterday as promised by Amazon. Can't say much about the deck at this point because as I was looking through the B&W cards the amount of color I was seeing distracted me. :( A number of cards have bluish smudges in the white border (the Lovers has what looks to be moon cycles on it, the smudges are so big) while others have streaks of gray smudges along the top or bottom borders.

I stopped counting after awhile, but I'd say about a third of the cards have some kind of ink smudge on them in the borders. Not sure if I'll return it to Amazon for a kit replacement or contact Schiffer to replace the faulty cards. Didn't have time to think about it last night.

Oh no! Yours is the first deck I've heard of to have flaws--please return and get another. It is just so aggravating when this happens...
Juno

greycats

I like the art. There's something about penciled drawings that's very appealing to me. And, I'm a fan of the artist as well.

I like some of the ways that the traditional tarot meanings have been artistically interpreted, like the 8 Wands.

And, as a whole, I don't have serious issues with the messages presented along with to the usual tarot idea sets. And yet, somehow the two don't mesh well. Food crops up in the oddest places, along with Merek's Manual. And the medical/lifestyle message seems to undercut or contradict the usual tarot ideas.

To me, the whole experience comes across as a sort of "Tarot with Acute Lifestyle-Nag."

I really do like some of the cards. For others, well, I wish the deck had come with an eraser.

gc

rwcarter

My replacement set arrived yesterday, and the cards are fine. So I was able to look at the imagery instead of looking for flaws. Interesting art. It's kinda strange but while I'm happy to have some of the images in B&W, I wish others were in color. I will definitely have to read through the companion book in order to better understand what the cards are trying to depict.

agno3

The Seven of Swords made me laugh out loud.

Great stuff. :)

shadowdancer

Well, mine arrived today.

I have already stated I think it is a potential working deck as a regular tarot deck - not necessarily of focussing on healing and health. I may need to review that having seen some cards which could throw a loop in regular circumstances, but overall - I still like the imagery.

However....

Before even reading the book I had to take a pair of sterile scissors, gown up and resort to surgery. Yes folks, those borders are typical of Schiffer and had to come off. Why oh why do they insist on huge cards (which I like) but then ruin it by putting on huge borders at the expense of the image? Either make the cards smaller overall and retain the image size, or make the image larger/reduce the border size if there is an instance on large cards. The huge borders should be seriously re-thought.

A photo shows a trimmed card next to an untrimmed. I now feel I can look at the images and get intimate.

ETA: another minor gripe: the print in the book is tiny. Those of us long sighted may need to reach for the reading glasses for sure.
There is a lot dedicated to the Major Arcana, not so much the minor arcana. Not yet read any of the cards indepth, but will curl up at some stage. They are interesting and I am more than curious as to what was behind the imagery.

Attachments

• Image51.jpg
    Image51.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 157

juno-lucina

Trimming cards and small print

What a wonderful idea, shadowdancer! I love how the trimmed cards look.

And I second the small print...I need reading glasses to read the book myself, lol :)

juno-lucina

Deck review by Nefer Khepri and an Index

A thoughtful and well written review was just posted of The Healing Tarot: 78 Ways to Wellness by Nefer Khepri of Magical-Musing's tarot blog. What I love most about her review is that she's obviously taken the time to work with the deck practically, and even includes an insightful sample reading:

http://magickalmusings.wordpress.com/2013/10/11/deck-review-the-healing-tarot/

Also, I went to a tarot conference recently, and someone who owns the deck expressed the need for a index of health issues for the deck. I originally made one, but it was cut early on to control the word length of the book. I told him I would email him the index I had, but upon looking at it I realized it is paginated for my manuscript, rather than the final text (so it would do no good in its current form). I have been working on an updated index that I will make available to anyone who would like one--simply message me here, through our web page (www.thehealingtarot.com) or our Facebook page.

Happy Healing,
Juno