Taitin the Sylph (45)

TemperanceAngel

Re: Taitin the Sylph

lark said:
A very energetic faerie.
Came across her alot when my kids were little.
Constant motion and questions flying through the air.
I see Taitin's energy on the forum in the form of the new people who come on full of energetic questions.
Excited ideas. Generating much discussion.
I love that.

I'm not surprised she comes up for you TemperanceAngel, you have that kind of energy around you too.
You generate alot of questions and discussions on the forum.
And I bet in your life too.

Hi lark,
thanks for that, very sound makes sense to me, a childish energy, perhaps?
I mean that in a positive sense :)
XTAX

lark

Yes "childish" in that fresh sort of way children have because they aren't jaded and tired of everything in life.

Grown ups have it to. You always know when you meet a grown up person with Taitin's energy. They are unforgetable. Full of sparkle and never ending wonder always ready to learn something new.
There's some people like that on this very forum (but I'm not going to name, names.)

Teenagers have it in abundance. I can remember sitting up all night discussing life over a cheap bottle of wine and too many cigarettes. Taitin loves to be right in the middle of that kind of energy!

TemperanceAngel

lark said:
Yes "childish" in that fresh sort of way children have because they aren't jaded and tired of everything in life.

Grown ups have it to. You always know when you meet a grown up person with Taitin's energy. They are unforgetable. Full of sparkle and never ending wonder always ready to learn something new.
There's some people like that on this very forum (but I'm not going to name, names.)

Teenagers have it in abundance. I can remember sitting up all night discussing life over a cheap bottle of wine and too many cigarettes. Taitin loves to be right in the middle of that kind of energy!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::joke::joke::joke:

Oh yes, life before cynicism....

The 'inquirers mind.' It's very hard to keep that the older you get *sigh*, that's why it's good to spend time with children and adolescents. My husbands' son turns 13 this year, and the other 10, I can't wait. People screw their noses up at the thought of teenage boys, but I look forward to it :) The eldest is a beautiful, sensitive, artistic child. And a hormonal boy, too, of course!!! It's great, we are both into the same music....*oops* off track there a bit, but was trying to illustrate a point :D
XTAX

sagitarian

Wow, TAitin the Sylph has a much different meaning to you lark then mine does. Which is why I love this deck so much, they mean different things to everyone.

Temperanceangel, not sure if this will help or not, but...
Taitin the Sylph to me reminds me of the 8 of swords and ten of Swords mixed together. She's a bright faery, but surrounded around darkness. The darkness to me means that there's a lot of stress going on, attempting to hold you down (binding you) however, your bright spirit, instead of being held down or binded, you make do with what you got (life hands you lemons, make lemonade and remember to hand a glass to a good friend b/c misery loves a sense of humor). If you look at the bottom of the card, there is a break in the darkness, a small doorway out of branches and leaves with some light coming through. You think there is no end to the muddled rut your in (even though your making the best of things as they are), but there is. The doorway is showing you an option (maybe not an option you would choose, but an option no less). The option is there to end the misery and to go on to the light where your spirit belongs, however, keep in mind that perhaps where you are at is where you are needed the most. Wether it is for the experience, helping someone else, or something else entirely. Just know there is an option, an alternative in "getting out" of the darkness.

Like I said, I hope this may help you, or if nothing else, add more depth to Taitin.

TemperanceAngel

I see what you mean, sagitarian, but I think that sometimes I can be the light in the dark for folk, I don't see my life being surrounded by darkness, does that make sense?
XTAX

sagitarian

Definitely, which is why I wanted to tack on that last bit, perhaps you help light up the way for others in the dark (But I see that as more Lys of the Shadows though). That's the great thing about these cards, they all mean different things to all of us. It's wonderful to come here and get different ideas about these wonderful faes.

Chronata

Thanks Sagitarian and Lark for your insights on Taitin! And to Temperance Angel for bringing her up into everyone's conciousness!

The discussions on her are fascinating!

I have just recently made her aquaintance, when I asked what faerie I was most like (at the moment...since I am a constantly changeable Gem...)
Actually, I got the Singer of Healing, which I am sure relates to the fact that I am battling this really evil Flu viris (plus bunches of infections...)
But Taitin slipped out of the deck, and I almost didn't notice her, until after I put my cards away!

She's been a very interesting companion to me, as I lay in bed too dizzy to get out of it!
I can kinda see why the Faeries chose her to represent me at the moment. Especially as drawing on enough energy to move around has been an ordeal this week!

This little sylph is wonderful, and she has a really great sense of humor too!

I think that it must be her buzzing about the corners of my consiousness at the moment too, as i struggle to sit upright and type! (Gosh...I hope it's not the Rarr with all that energy...I don't need quite THAT much right now!)

lark

Hi Chronata,
I was wondering where you were.
And there you are sick in bed.
Feel better soon.
And don't let Taitin wear you out with lot of feverish creative ideas blinking on and off in you head.

If she gets to be too much send her packing and take out the Bright Mother.
Set her up next to the bed and let her nurture and take care of you for awhile.
You'll feel so much better when she gets done with you.
Take care. And drink plenty of fluids!!

TemperanceAngel

So what card do you think balances taitin when you are not feverish?
As we know, Temperance does need balance after all :laugh: XTAX

lark

TemperanceAngel said:
So what card do you think balances taitin when you are not feverish?
As we know, Temperance does need balance after all :laugh: XTAX
I would say The Sage. He can simplify ones thoughts and balance them. Once Taitin gives you that gem of an idea the Sage can help you with the mental discipline to go forward with it. He's quite the fellow...very wise.