41.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 8820994b.jpg
    8820994b.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 0aa86150.jpg
    0aa86150.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 178

JadoreHauteCouture

i dont like the boxes, chests or scarves so i pretty much store all my decks in velvet tarot bags differencing in color.. i like it that way. doesnt take much place and the cards are always "fresh" before reading :)

Bhavana

you know, it just occurred to me - not mice, but silverfish, those creepy little bugs that get into books and papers....ugh. I rarely see them around here, but every once in a blue moon I will...I would hate to think of those little critters messing around with my decks. I have heard in the past that it is the glue they like that is used to bind books or make book covers. Either way, I should see what natural herbs repel the things and store some with my decks.

Glass Owl, your shelves look great! It's nice to have a collection out in the open where you can really enjoy it. I have some shelf units, one that was made for me by an ex that also has cabinets...the other is a mid century piece that I trash picked...I'd like to eventually use them for my cards. Right now they have become catch all areas for CD's, books, pics of the kids, and lots of junk. It would be nice to do what you have done with yours. Do you live in an old house? The dormered ceilings and plastered walls make me think so.

vee

Glass Owl, those are lovely. :)

My tarot collection spans two shelves, but it really needs to be on 3 or possibly 4 now. But where to put the books? Argh! Such a lovely problem to have though!

Yineth

@Glass Owl: Everything looks like they're in their right place. Great job organizing all of them, Glass Owl! I'm so jealous. I'm not a very good organizer >.< [Thank you for the photos :) ]

@Bhavana: OH MY GOODNESS. I swear my house is haven for those creepy little things. The little buggers somehow got inside a framed art piece and managed to croak inside it. Frustrating...

Now that you mention it, I'm kind of worried the buggers will get inside my "magic drawer"... [Shudder]

Glass Owl

Glass Owl, your shelves look great! It's nice to have a collection out in the open where you can really enjoy it. I have some shelf units, one that was made for me by an ex that also has cabinets...the other is a mid century piece that I trash picked...I'd like to eventually use them for my cards. Right now they have become catch all areas for CD's, books, pics of the kids, and lots of junk. It would be nice to do what you have done with yours. Do you live in an old house? The dormered ceilings and plastered walls make me think so.
Yes, this small house is almost 100 years old and has seen several owners throughout the years. The taller bookcase was built by my father-in-law, along with some others. The frame on top has metal on it and I thought that it totally fit the Deviant Moon so I cut up the box and popped it in there.

The bookcase with the curtain was a thrift store find (I'm guessing it originally came from a store or school). I painted it years ago but it needs a new coat. For that one, I took a metal tower that was intended to be used to store cds and placed it on the second shelf. It works great for the decks in the bags so they stay put - plus, it allowed me to place a row of decks on top of it. I'm going to keep an eye out for any unusual curtains and may change out the white ones.

The red bag hanging on the hook houses my Osho Zen and Tao Oracle. I could put it on one of the shelves but the hook was already there so it just was easier to hang it.

I do really like having my cards out in the living room. I'm using them more. Plus, my collection seems so much bigger now that it is spread out and out in the open!

A few months ago I trash picked a nice white dresser from a neighbor across the street that I would have loved to use for my cards but my daughter really needed it for her clothes. I recall reading about how so many TV/entertainment cabinets are being dumped because people are buying flat screen TVs. I'm betting that some of those could be converted into Tarot card storage.

@Glass Owl: Everything looks like they're in their right place. Great job organizing all of them, Glass Owl! I'm so jealous. I'm not a very good organizer >.< [Thank you for the photos :)
It was a process -I actually ended up rearranging it all a few times because I didn't like how I had the bags. I was afraid of the cards getting bent and then I remembered that CD thing which I had actually put out in the donation pile. So that had to come back in :) But I'm having a hard time remembering what decks are in some of the bags so I may need to add tags like Rodney did with his (although I'm not sure exactly how to do that.)

AJ

Any stationers will have a packet of key tags, places like car lots use them.
just round paper, about silver dollar size, with a silver aluminum ring around it and a string attached. If you want to go mad you could color them and switch out the string for ribbon, but even plain, in a group they would look great.

Rob cut the top off our TV cabinet and I slid it in his closet under his shirts, I keep all my paper goods in it :)

Le Fanu

Walking home last night I came across a dumpster with lots on interesting looking stuff in it. I fished out two nice ceramic plant pots for the garden and then spotted these storage solutions for DECKS! So thrilled. I have cleaned them up and they're ready to go! Glad I saw them; it rained heavily soon afterwards.

There was also a lovely old oak cabinet which would be perfect for storing decks but I have given it to my partner for the office (which seriously needs more storage space), even though I chivalrously dragged it home! It looks like it might have come from a church. With the wood waxed and rehydrated, it looks superb. I really could do with an extra cupboard for decks!

But I'm very pleased about my smaller storage solutions.

Attachments

• P4280292.JPG
    P4280292.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 182

Sulis

Walking home last night I came across a dumpster with lots on interesting looking stuff in it. I fished out two nice ceramic plant pots for the garden and then spotted these storage solutions for DECKS! So thrilled. I have cleaned them up and they're ready to go! Glad I saw them; it rained heavily soon afterwards.

There was also a lovely old oak cabinet which would be perfect for storing decks but I have given it to my partner for the office (which seriously needs more storage space), even though I chivalrously dragged it home! It looks like it might have come from a church. With the wood waxed and rehydrated, it looks superb. I really could do with an extra cupboard for decks!

But I'm very pleased about my smaller storage solutions.

Wow, they're lovely! You do find the nicest things :).

gregory

Any stationers will have a packet of key tags, places like car lots use them.
just round paper, about silver dollar size, with a silver aluminum ring around it and a string attached.
Mine have no aluminum rings. They are just oblongs cut from white card. I think I am upset.

NOT :)