A pairing of decks

Sonic

I am about to embark on a new journey with a new tarot deck. I would like very much to hear of anyone that has had any success with such a marriage of the minds, between their oracle deck and their tarot deck. I just ordered the Bohemian Gothic Tarot and will be looking for a new oracle deck to pair with it.

Any ideas? Any luck or success with your darker themed pairings? Please let me know :)

Thanks

HearthCricket

I love pairing my decks with an oracle and do it a lot. It gives the reading more depth and clarification, IMO, and makes for a more interesting and challenging read. Some samples:

Nigel Jackson Medieval Enchantment~Witches Runes
Gothic Vargo~Madame Endora
Bohemian Gothic~still working on this! Haven't found anything worthy.
Druidcraft~Druid Animals
Greenwood~Celtic Shaman
Ship of Fools-Nostradamus
Old English~Psycards
Sacred Circle~Fairy Ring Oracle
Secret Forest~Froud's Faeries
Archeon~Froud's Faeries
Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg~Archangel cards
Halloween~Madame Endora
Golden~Mantegna or Angel Oracle

And so forth! :)

Sonic

Nice..

Thank you both for your input. It will require much thought.

I appreciate it thanks again.

pippi

bodhran and HearthCricket...since you have yours already paired up, do you always take them out together for readings? Do you do the tarot reading first, then pull a single oracle card for summary? Or do you pull both a tarot and oracle card for each position in the spread? Or two different spreads? Or...? LOL!! I'm interested to know how you work them together. Was there a thread here recently on this subject? (Obviously I didn't read it, if there was.)

BodhiSeed

I do a daily reading with a tarot deck, then draw a summary card from an oracle deck. I've had such amazing results with the pairing of oracles and tarots that now I'm hooked doing all my readings this way!

Bodhran

AJ

bodhran said:
Just check my profile, and you'll see I pair all my tarot decks with an oracle! :D You might check out the Graven Images Oracle to go with the BG:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/graven-images-oracle/

Bodhran

well, doh..! I've looked at your profile a number of time and not once did it connect that you'd paired oracles with tarots.
I'm not just old, I'm going dim in a hurry :)

bluefairy

omg i have looked at your profile and you have alot of cards both tarot and oracle and you also have more on your wish list.lol.that's great!how do you know which cards to pair together?and how does that really work?i know you mentioned that you pull one card for a summary but do you ask it the same question?
i am sorry if it sounds dumb but i am new at this and would like to know more about it.i have the russian gypsy cards and i am looking into the rider waite but not sure yet which ones since there are so many?

HearthCricket

I'm a lot like Bodhran. Someone from years ago introduced me to using both tarot and oracles together and then that Dan guy taught me to even add a rune to it and really work it up! I will use some tarot decks without an oracle, but when possible and seems to pair up nicely I do a reading with the tarot...usually 5 cards, and then pick 1 or even 2 from the oracle of my choice to clarify or fully answer a question. And now that I have started, I too am very hooked on it. I will work with tarot and oracles separately, but love it when I work with both!

BodhiSeed

bluefairy said:
omg i have looked at your profile and you have alot of cards both tarot and oracle and you also have more on your wish list.lol.that's great!how do you know which cards to pair together?and how does that really work?i know you mentioned that you pull one card for a summary but do you ask it the same question?
i am sorry if it sounds dumb but i am new at this and would like to know more about it.i have the russian gypsy cards and i am looking into the rider waite but not sure yet which ones since there are so many?

Hi bluefairy,
Yes I do have quite a few, but it just started innocently enough with ONE deck :D.
I try to match a tarot and oracle by the theme and type of artwork first, but the main qualifier is how well they work together. I give them a week together, and if they aren't like peanut butter and jelly, I try pairing them up with something else.
The oracle card I pull is like the end paragraph of an essay - it just pulls together the reading. I don't ask a specific question, as I just expect a summary.
If you are looking for a RWS, try clicking on the "Cards" symbol at the top of the forum, then click on "Theme" in the sidebar, and one option is RWS clones. Or you can just enjoy scrolling through the hundreds of beautiful decks here on AT. :)

Bodhran