Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Alta

firefrost said:
The Transparent Tarot. I saw people doing wonders with it on here so I bought it. Nope, it doesn't work for me.
I have also watched people reading with this, but I just cannot buy it. I am rather relieved at your post!
bilberrywaffle said:
Definitely the Native American Tarot (U.S. Games). I cannot read with that deck! But, technically, my friend helped me choose. I guess it connected with her and not with me.

Maybe the other one is better?
Do you mean Vision Quest or Tarot of the Southwest Tribes by 'the other one'? I think there is a LoScarabeo deck on this theme as well.

gregory

Alta said:
I have also watched people reading with this, but I just cannot buy it. I am rather relieved at your post!Do you mean Vision Quest or Tarot of the Southwest Tribes by 'the other one'? I think there is a LoScarabeo deck on this theme as well.
There is an LS one by the exact same name - Native American. VERY annoying to have two decks with the same name, sometimes - people ask about a card and mean the one you though they didn't mean and....

blackstormhawk

The U.S. Games Native American Tarot is the one by Magda Weck-Gonzalez. It has art that is based on the style of the Long Count Robes and is essentially an NA themed Rider-Waite.

I like it, but I know a lot of people don't connect to it.

The LS Native American has water-color looking art and seems to work better if you know the teaching stories the cards are based on.

nejigurlmimi

I regret buying Mystic Faerie tarot but i don't regret giving it to my best friend. She loves that deck so much. I just didn't like how it was colored....it seemed a little too....brown and green for me. and also it was too dull in color. ^^;

shadowdancer

Never thought I would have one I regret, as even those I have traded have meant to go to a new home, whatever the reason. They were meant to be with me for a certain amount of time and were then destined to move on.

As of yesterday, I guess the deck I regret getting at the moment is A King's Journey. I would have waited 5 months, saved my money and purchased the smaller / less expensive kit version.

Davina

daphne

shadowdancer said:
Never thought I would have one I regret, as even those I have traded have meant to go to a new home, whatever the reason. They were meant to be with me for a certain amount of time and were then destined to move on.

As of yesterday, I guess the deck I regret getting at the moment is A King's Journey. I would have waited 5 months, saved my money and purchased the smaller / less expensive kit version.

Davina

Oh, how come? I, in fact, learned from you about this deck and I start looking for more info about it. I found the author`s website and looked at some samples. I think this is a deck with with very beautiful imagery, fairy-tale like. And you are one of the few that have deluxe edition, which makes even more special.

quintessence

The Undersea Tarot. I've tried twice to like it, but I just don't connect, and all those bosoms get in the way of being able to use it for public readings.

Le Fanu

Decks I wish I hadn't bought;

shop-bought shrink wrapped US Games decks which proclaimed "Printed in Belgium" on the box and which when purchased and opened were actually "printed in Italy". It has happened too many times to mention!

conversus

Somewhere in my closet is a used copy of the Convos which was delivered by the book depository or Amazon instead of the deck I really wanted, which they did not have!

A Deck I'd gladly let go . . .

There are also a number of copies of the Thoth and an Hermetic that I regret owning ; but, still have.

CED

bilberrywaffle

Alta said:
I have also watched people reading with this, but I just cannot buy it. I am rather relieved at your post!Do you mean Vision Quest or Tarot of the Southwest Tribes by 'the other one'? I think there is a LoScarabeo deck on this theme as well.

Yes, I was actually referring to the U.S. Games one by Gonzalez. The cards aren't as watercoloury; they have a more coloured pencil feel. Which is definitely fine. I can't bring myself to part with that deck, because it was my first. But I'm going to look for one of that same "theme" that I connect with better. The LoS one, with the same name, looks promising. I haven't heard of the two you mentioned before!

It IS so annoying to have two decks with the same name.