Tree of Life - Kether

Ravenswing

minor leagues

:D hi wet one--

(hold on a minute-- i just thought of something i have to ask jmd. i don't want to loose the thought train. be right back...)

okay-- one thing you have to keep in mind. NEVER, EVER think that there is a right and a wrong when dealing with the tree of life. instead, there is a 'it works, and it's consistant within its own parameters'.

(oh by the way, who's Eakins. i don't think i'm familiar with the name)

let's start with the tetragrammaton (GIVE ME A YOD!!)

four lettered name-- the literal meaning for the word.

yod - heh - vau - heh (your spelling of the letters may differ, but it's still hebrew to me)

yod-- can represent potential outward directed energy. can be seen as an unextended phallus.

heh-- can represent potential drawing in of energy-- an empty womb

vau-- can represent outward directed energy in motion. can be seen as an extended phallus

heh (final)-- can be seen as energy drawn in-- the fertilized womb. (i can't locate it at the moment, but i'm certain the final heh sometimes has a dot within it to distinquish it from the initial heh. but i may be wrong on this)

yod can represent the suit of wands (fire)
heh can represent the suit of cups (water)
vau can represent the suit of swords (air)
heh final can represent the suit of pentacles (earth)

###note!!!###

i've been saying 'CAN represent', not 'represents'. try to develop this mind set. nothing is an absolute-- even this statement.

if you start with 'this is' s, you may miss some alternative insight. i've made this mistake so many times...

if (note: IF)-- i may sound like a stuck 45, but this is an important point. never set your tree in stone, you get lousy
fruit.-- we assign each of the letters to a world (level) of the tree... well, you've seen how it is assigned

there are other assignments of YHVH to the tree, but i'm not going to go into them right now. it is enough to know that they are.

i guess i'll stop here for the moment.

LVX
steve

AmounrA

hello.

Firstly regarding planets and there attributions to the tree, In the G.D saturn is placed in binah, Neptune in chockmah and Pluto placed in Kether. I find [ personally] this all to be meaningless on many levels[and meaningful in none:)]. Pluto is a planet in so much that it orbits the sun and has a moon.....However its moon is almost as big as it and is an iregular shaped 'astroid'. Pluto itself is smaller than some moons of jupiter. There is also a very good chance that there is at least one planet further out than pluto. [Is daath sometimes connected with the astroid belt?]

Speaking of the babylonians, I think they had quite an interesting view of the solar system, which seemed to be aware of 'pluto' and the other planets recently discovered. Perhaps JMD you wouldknow more than me about a mysterious passage from genesis about the 'nephilm'?

The final heh does have a dot inside it to symbolize when its fertalized:).

The version of minor cards to tree I have at hand shows--4 aces and all trumps in kether, 4 twos and knights in chockmah, 4 threes and queens in binah, 4 fours in chessed, 4 fives in geburah, 4 sixes and 4 princes in tiphareth, 4 sevens in netzach, 4 eights in hod, 4 nines in yesod and the 4 tens and 4 princesses in malkuths.

It also gives chockmah wands, binah cups, tiphareth swords and malkuth disks....so I would guess that yod was in chockmah, he in binah, vau in tiphareth and the final heh in malkuth.

jmd

What a fascinating thread.

I just caught AmounrA's reply as I was about to write one. With regards to the final Heh, it is not, from memory, a double letter, and therefore does not have a dot (called a 'dagesh'). The dageshed letters all have two sounds, one a plosive (eg, B) and undageshed the same sound but a fricative (same eg, V).

The Heh, also, does not have a final form, and is 'simply' a single letter.

In the Tetragrammaton, however, it occupies two places, in second and final position. As such, it becomes Kabbalistically significant, especially in relation to the four worlds. Yod is sometimes, therefore, linked to the Atziluthic realm, Heh to Briah, Vav to Yetzirah, and the final Heh to Assiah. This gives, with the elemental associations made by the Golden Dawn and enumerated above, the following:
  • Atzilut - Yod - Fire
  • Briah - Heh - Water
  • Yetzirah - Vav - Air
  • Assiah - Heh (final) - Earth
In terms of a discussion of the letters, I also mentioned something about them in the Letters - General thread.

I'll also post a comment on my view of the minor Arcana in the Malkut thread, as I personally see them more 'properly' fitting there.

AmounrA

Thanks for that dot clarification JMD.....I had it in my head that if the final heh had a dot in it , it symbolized [in a manner] a continuation of the fractal.

yetzirah---formative world
briah-------creative world
atziluth----archetypal world
assiah-----material world

meatbox666

Kether is the Intelligentia Mettatron.....through him God spoke to Moses. No eye has seen him and his job is to make sure this earh revolves every 24 hours. .

jmd

Glad to have your input, MB666.

The Spiritual hierarchies and the specific individualities associated with each Sephirah are certainly well worth adding, so thank you.

As you point out, the Golden Dawn (amongst others) places Metatron in Keter. Having mentioned this, I wonder if further discussion may be needed in relation to this order of being?

What are sometimes referred to as the Spirits of Motion are involved in providing momentum for celestial bodies - this doesn't, by the way, take away from scientific explanation, but rather adds a qualitative dimension of being to an otherwise solely descriptive and quantitative one (some will of course disagree!). The Spirits of Motion, however, are of a lower order than those properly residing in Keter.

In terms of the Celestial Hierarchies, I find that the Seraphim are of the order of Keter.

meatbox666

I have never related the tarot to the Kabbalah. I shall read this thread more and learn.

AmounrA

I would see metatron as a messenger , and therefore I would not place 'him' in kether....for some reason I feel tiphareth is more suitible...I would also see metatron as a class of being which not only interacts with the jewish religon...there are messages and messengers every where :)

One reason I would not place him in kether is because of the localised nature of his task [ i.e working with an earth/human based religon ]..the tree I think goes far out from this kind of localised reality and interaction as it gets beyond tiphareth.

Ravenswing

metatron

hi guys--

yet another angle. i have to make this brief-- dinner's on the table.

it's my understanding that metatron is god's answering service. perhaps enoch risen.

told you it'd be brief

LVX
steve

AmounrA

Heres a thought, and question. Is Kether beyond god? Did god come into being as the path forged to Chockmah. Is gods existance a mystery even to god?