Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Lifeisabutterfly

Was totally disgusted and annoyed with the Tarot of Angels by Robert Place. Thank heavens I managed to sell it! I couldn't believe how cold and lifeless it was. I didn't mind the idea of unillustrated pips but the majors were terrible! And what is Satan doing in this deck? since when is he an angel? I was truly shocked Place didn't put Lucifer there. Isn't Lucifer supposed to be a fallen angel, and a quite famous one at that? that turned me off completely, it was the last straw lol. Such a poor excuse for a deck, when so much creativity and spirit could have been injected. And the card stock was that sticky over laminated kind, like a driver's license--ugh! lol!

Lifeisabutterfly

I'm another who spent £'s and £'s on decks to discover (finally admit to myself) that they just weren't for me.

All said decks are now happily languishing in their new homes, while I personally am happily languishing with my chosen few.

Good all round result, really. Now I rarely buy any decks.

I know it's been a while but if you're not languishing too far away, I would love to know which are your chosen few...I love the thought of a chosen few but can never seem to settle down?

Morwenna

Aren't Satan and Lucifer the same? Or at least related? Satan is "the adversary" and Lucifer is the fallen angel, who as far as I know became the adversary, the serpent, etc.

Lifeisabutterfly

Indeed! I felt actually ripped off--it's not a cheap deck by a long shot. I never use it--the pics are so blurry and cluttered; really how could she send these out with a clear conscience? I bought the larger version which I know is even blurrier than the smaller one....what a shame considering all the pretty images she chose.

Lifeisabutterfly

Aren't Satan and Lucifer the same? Or at least related? Satan is "the adversary" and Lucifer is the fallen angel, who as far as I know became the adversary, the serpent, etc.

I am not an expert by a long shot so I don't wish to overstep my boundaries here (said with pursed lips and folded hands) but I do know these two characters are not the same. And anyway, since this is supposed to be an angels deck don't you think just for the sake of cohesiveness and adherence to the chosen theme, Lucifer should be the one chosen to represent a card and not Satan? A fallen angel is much better and a propos than a character who is not an angel, never was and never will be (amen!)
The deck was terrible anyway.

Bhavana

Was totally disgusted and annoyed with the Tarot of Angels by Robert Place. Thank heavens I managed to sell it! I couldn't believe how cold and lifeless it was. I didn't mind the idea of unillustrated pips but the majors were terrible! And what is Satan doing in this deck? since when is he an angel? I was truly shocked Place didn't put Lucifer there. Isn't Lucifer supposed to be a fallen angel, and a quite famous one at that? that turned me off completely, it was the last straw lol. Such a poor excuse for a deck, when so much creativity and spirit could have been injected. And the card stock was that sticky over laminated kind, like a driver's license--ugh! lol!

The name Lucifer is found in one place in the Bible (King James, Isaiah 14) "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! . .since this one little statement is all we have, along with several other references to a "Satan" who also has "fallen" from heaven, I don't know how anyone can know for sure who Lucifer was. I think it depends on who you are talking to, and what their opinion is. Some believe they are the same, so don't. The way I was raised, Lucifer and Satan ARE the same person - Lucifer was his name when he was an angel in heaven, and Satan he became after he fell.

Frankly, I don't believe in either of them, not in the biblical sense anyway...but I do believe that in biblical history, they are definitely the same being.

I don't have Place's Angel Tarot, wish i did, it's on my list....but I haven't seen it in person, and have only seen a few cards online. I like his other decks, so assumed I would like this one - I'll have to look for the "satan" card - I am assuming it is the Devil card? Not sure how I feel about it, I'd have to see it first....but I am not altogether against Satan appearing in an angel deck.

My worst purchase..there have been many. I would have to say the absolute worst to be the Sacred Circle Tarot, the one with the mish-mash of different styles - it's painting, it's photos, it's collage...mostly it's dorky looking people in wrinkled cheap looking Halloween Druid costumes...typical "creative" deck, new made up card names, stuff like that. I hate it.

Pollux

the one with the mish-mash of different styles - it's painting, it's photos, it's collage...mostly it's dorky looking people in wrinkled cheap looking Halloween Druid costumes...typical "creative" deck, new made up card names, stuff like that. I hate it.
Oh my Gods I am rolling on the floor :laugh:

Lifeisabutterfly

I know! This is got to be one of the most hilarious threads ever! I've been LMAO ever since it started!
About Sacred Circle--I gave it 3 chances the first time I just threw it in the garbage. The second time I took a giant black marker to the keywords which were driving me nuts. The third time I trimmed off the big black borders--and that was the charm! I actually like it now....don't ask me why....

Lifeisabutterfly

The name Lucifer is found in one place in the Bible (King James, Isaiah 14) "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! . .since this one little statement is all we have, along with several other references to a "Satan" who also has "fallen" from heaven, I don't know how anyone can know for sure who Lucifer was. I think it depends on who you are talking to, and what their opinion is. Some believe they are the same, so don't. The way I was raised, Lucifer and Satan ARE the same person - Lucifer was his name when he was an angel in heaven, and Satan he became after he fell.

Hey, you might be right in that they are the same guy, (I have a niggling feeling they're not, but not about to set out to find out lol) but the fact is, "Satan" to me just stuck out like a sore horn in that deck. And even if there had been 10 Lucifers, the deck was just atrocious in my view, it made me feel like I was running a fever....

Morwenna

I'm pretty good at ignoring keywords, so the Sacred Circle doesn't bother me that way. And something about the deck allows me to ignore the problems with the art as well. In short, in spite of all logic I like it. :)

If there's ever a deck I'm sorry I got, as I said however many pages back, it's only a mild sorrow, not enough to have gotten rid of it yet. Still the only one that comes to mind is the Herbal, because it just didn't gel with me from the start. But something keeps nagging at me that perhaps I really ought to give it a fair chance...

If I were a subscriber I might (I say might, not necessarily would) consider trading it off. I said that about the Witches' too, then I was reminded of how beautiful some of the cards were, despite what I don't like about some of the others. So there you go.