1910 Rider Tarot Revived Edition on Amazon

JohnKaartunen

So, I just received these today from Amazon for around 15.00 dollars. The card stock is very thin, backs are glossy, but the front of the cards are semi-matte finish.

The backs have a "exploding star"/space pic on them.

For me, the coloring makes these cards. Now, I'm not a professional when it comes to Rider Waite Smith Decks, but I personally like the softer colors.

For what I paid for them, I'm pretty satisfied.....

Picture 1 is random cards from the deck.
Picture 2 is 70's Rider Waite on the left, this deck on the right

Attachments

• IMG_0796[1].jpg
    IMG_0796[1].jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,695
  • IMG_0798[1].jpg
    IMG_0798[1].jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,631

Rhinemaiden

Thanks for posting the pix... looking forward to receiving my copy of the "1910 revived" deck.

I see you have a 1970 RWS without copyrights on the cards. :thumbsup:

JohnKaartunen

No problem. I think you'll like them. If the card stock was thicker, and all matte, these would be perfect......

For comparisons sake, here is a pic next to a Pam B. Pam B is on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_0799[1].jpg
    IMG_0799[1].jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,473

Rhinemaiden

You said the stock feels thin... could it be photographic paper???

I noticed in your first batch of pix that the lower corners on the Tower Card are square not rounded....is it the card or is your photo cropped too close to the lower border?

JohnKaartunen

I think it's a little bit thicker than photo paper, but you could be right. And yeah, it's cropped from the photo, sorry :)

PurplePixie

my hero, thank you John that is very cool and the comparisons are so cool to see!!

JohnKaartunen

Thank you! I enjoy talking about and sharing the pictures. I fell in love with the art work of the Tarot, and the different symbols within them. My wife does readings and uses them as tools, but I just started collecting them. Not just with the Rider Waite, but many others. I'm going to start doing research soon on Waite, Crowley, etc..... That early Thoth deck is also one of my favorites.

And not to be stereotypical, but Tarot "people" seem to be very genuine, calm, and caring people. It's that type of person I want to be around. So for me, it's a good fit.

PurplePixie

Fantastic! I can't wait to read more from your sleuthing.
I love history, I adore Pixie's art,all things tarot related, and I collect tarot as well as antique fortune telling cards. I admittedly have alot more antique fortune telling cards than tarot but a girl can dream. I'm also a reader and a medium. yet i clearly obsess over Pam A,B,C,D and Albano and vintage minis as well ;-)

Sentient

The backs of this deck have a somewhat poor image of the Helix Nebula, a planetary nebula in Aquarius. The Wikipedia page has a nice zoom-in video for those who are interested.

FLizarraga

Thanks for the pictures, John! Mine arrives tomorrow.