View Single Post
Citizen

tarot4fun 
Citizen

21 Ways - Step Ten

Golden Tarot - Eight of Swords

10:1_1
Interpretations and meanings for a couple of books and the book that came with my deck.
.....Tarot For All Seasons by Christine Jette
_Letting go of ideas and negative thought patterns that bind.
_Liberation from oppressive situation due to courage to see things clearly and take appropriate action.
.....Introduction to Tarot by Susan Levitt
_Mental overwhelm, exhaustion, and confusion.
_Obtain clarity about what really requires you attention.
_Make a list of all the things to do that are overwhelming to you and only do two or three things from the list.
.....Book from Golden Tarot by Kat Black
_Bondage
_Disillusion and loss of hope
_A time of difficulty
_Indecisions could make matters worse
_Troubles ahead - illness or misfortune

10:1_2
…..Q:
“How can I change?”
…..A-1:
Obtain clarity about what really requires you attention.

10:1_3
…..A-2:
By practicing mindfulness and awareness.

I think this is good advice for all the meanings I developed in the previous steps.

10:1_4
Compare book meanings to my meanings.
_My meanings were -*Struggling with complex issues, *Conflicts over distribution of finances/workload/etc, *Grieving over past mistakes and personal faults, *Struggling to balance the demands of others and your own personal needs, and *Felling depressed from the restriction of your ideas by others.
_These are very similar to the meanings above -*Bondage, *Disillusion and loss of hope, *A time of difficulty, and *Mental overwhelm, exhaustion, and confusion.
_Other book meanings offer ‘Good Advice’ - *Letting go of ideas and negative thought patterns that bind. *Obtain clarity about what really requires you attention. *Make a list of all the things to do that are overwhelming to you and only do two or three things from the list. *Liberation from oppressive situation due to courage to see things clearly and take appropriate action.

Summary:
_Sometimes we get into bondage through routine, or by our own blindness and mistakes, or sometimes through the thoughtless or premeditated words and actions of others. The point is, it’s up to us to get ourselves out of the trap and try to figure out how to stay free from further pits and snags.

10:2
Using book descriptions, turn each into a question and answer them.
…..Q: How have I let go of negative thought patterns?
…..A: By actively monitor my thoughts and keeping a positive attitude.

…..Q: When was I liberated from an oppressive situation due to having the courage to see things clearly and take appropriate action?
…..A: In a job situation, I was being taken advantage of. When I found out I was being lied about too, I immediately quit. I don’t have to take that kind of abuse.

…..Q: How can I obtain clarity about what really requires my attention?
…..A: Through setting priorities. By letting little things slide that really don’t matter. By meditating in the mornings before I start my day.

…..Q: Have I ever made a list of all the things to do that are overwhelming to me and only do two or three things from the list?
…..A: I do make lists, especially when I am feeling overloaded or have important things that I might forget.

…..Q: Where am I in bondage?
…..A: I try to avoid bondage by being mindful and maintaining a balance in my life. If I notice myself getting off track, I adjust my thoughts/attitude/behavior so as to avoid falling into a pit.
Top   #15