View Single Post
Jedi

Zephyros 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRichard View Post
The real issue is not really which version of the Tree and Hebrew letter attributions is "correct," but whether it does what the individual user wants it to do. The Golden Dawn version of the Tree and its Thelemic variant work very well for many of those who have studied it intensively, so for them, if it ain't broke, why fix it?
Everyone's a sinner anyhow. No one should be studying Kabbalah anyway unless they're Jewish, over forty, married with at least one boy and one girl, and have spent their entire lives studying the Torah. Unless someone here or from the original GD can claim those qualifications, it stands to reason no one is correct or incorrect. It's all personal opinion, with nobody being able to claim "true" attributions simply because they don't exist, or if they do, no one has the qualifications to either uphold or deny them. I mean, as with anything else, if you go back to the purest of the purists, you'll often find they don't want you.

In my view it is easy to quibble over these planets or that, this or that order or what have you, but it really is immaterial. The "spirit" of the Tree is far more important, and this is where the GD shines, even outdoing the celebrated Gra Tree in many ways (do I have to add "in my own, personal opinion" or is that a given?).
Top   #15