health issues in tarot

Zephyros

Best thing about predicting gender, it's always fifty/fifty (;

Wilpen

I find that I can do health readings fairly accurately. I also think it has to do with being fairly spiritual and into alternative medicine... in other words, the second I became open to all types of medicine, was when the health readings will come through very accurately. I don't know why... I guess it's probably because when I opened myself up to all possibilities, the Tarot was ready to work with me.

Alamaris

Best thing about predicting gender, it's always fifty/fifty (;

I hate to be a wet blanket, but not always!

Around 1 in 150 infants are born intersex, including yours truly. Gender isn't quite as black and white as many people assume.

novenovembre

I agree totally, maine girl 117...

I mean, nobody is saying that tarot should be a substitute for going to a doctor, or have medical tests, but it can be very useful to suggest to the querent precisely that she/he should go and see a doctor or check some particular area of her/his body.....I do have the book by mary greer that you mention, I've had it for years and I think it's brilliant; but somehow, from the point of view of health, I don't think it's satisfactory.....it doesn't give meanings for all the cards; it takes it for granted that only reversed cards have a meaning in health issues, and, compared to other sources I found for health issues, it isn't very accurate.
If you hear of any other books on the subject please do let me know......
Thanks !

novenovembre

Can the Hierophant signify death ? I've had that a couple of times, and it was very weird.....was it just a coincidence, I wonder ?

MaineGirl117

I mean, nobody is saying that tarot should be a substitute for going to a doctor, or have medical tests, but it can be very useful to suggest to the querent precisely that she/he should go and see a doctor or check some particular area of her/his body.....I do have the book by mary greer that you mention, I've had it for years and I think it's brilliant; but somehow, from the point of view of health, I don't think it's satisfactory.....it doesn't give meanings for all the cards; it takes it for granted that only reversed cards have a meaning in health issues, and, compared to other sources I found for health issues, it isn't very accurate.
If you hear of any other books on the subject please do let me know......
Thanks !

It may take for granted that only reversed cards have health associated with that particular reading style, but many people don't read reversals, myself included. I look at everything she's written for a particular card, then look at the surrounding cards. If the card comes up "inverted" but looking at... say.. the 10 of swords, then I see the energy "flowing" into that 10 card. I'll consider the "reversed" meaning then.

To get a broader perspective of healing in Tarot, I've had to extend my studies into various topics such as Reiki/Chakras and working with stones. Colors play a huge role in this, so I tend to pick up on color associations in the cards, then hunt down stones of that color, and what chakras they work best with.

For example: The Magician image in the Ludy Lescot Tarot has a gigantic orange orb around his sacral chakra. Orange is the color for this chakra. When this card comes up, and I have an inclination that it is indicating a health concern, I connect this card and color with the gemstone Carnelian, whose healing properties can be found here . Carnelian is a very inexpensive stone, and when I need to work with it's energy, I carry it around in my pocket :) I will also consider the ruling planet of the Magican which is Mercury. Health wise, Mercury connects with:

Anatomically stands for the nervous system, the organs of vision and speech, and the hands, all considered in this case as instruments of the intellect.

Mercury rules the astrological signs of Gemini and Virgo, so if I see the Lovers card or the Hermit card combined in a reading with the Magician, this is also a tip off that "Health" is a focus. This leads to an inquiry of Gemini and Virgo and THEIR health concerns.. and so on and so forth... See where I'm going with this? :)

This is my process for learning, not an exact science :)

sunnynights68

Thanks Lisapas1!

Your message on health and tarot cards was very insightful. I've gotten 10 of swords and 9 of wands for my health and you are spot on! (my spine and autoimmune possible MS right now) And Mainegirl, I also feel like you. I don't understand why people are so afraid of health readings. IMO, if you see a relationship coming to an end for a client, isn't that just as traumatic for some? I would never say anything 'fatal' either, but point in the direction of where their body might be having trouble.

danieljuk

Your message on health and tarot cards was very insightful. I've gotten 10 of swords and 9 of wands for my health and you are spot on! (my spine and autoimmune possible MS right now) And Mainegirl, I also feel like you. I don't understand why people are so afraid of health readings. IMO, if you see a relationship coming to an end for a client, isn't that just as traumatic for some? I would never say anything 'fatal' either, but point in the direction of where their body might be having trouble.

because Sunny it's a legal minefield. It's different from looking up your health issues to doing other people. Some people would even say doing your own health is dangerous, what happens if you get it wrong? In the UK it's actually illegal to diagnose someone else, only people with a medical qualification can diagnose. Alternative health systems get around that by not diagnosing, you just ask people their symptoms and treat, but make no diagnostic judgement.

I think there is two issues with it, protecting the reader legally and moral issues. Some readers don't feel comfortable with it or disagree with others doing it. Some people look up in the cards, but know when to seek real medical attention. Some readers are ethical with the info they give to clients, but some people don't seek medical attention and just read the cards and some readers are not ethical with what they tell the clients! That's the problem. Although a tarot reading Doctor with medical qualification would be very interesting to get a reading from :)