View Single Post
Citizen

Little Baron 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by room
It is so nice to see people assimilating and playing with ideas instead of arguing and bashing people over the head in a self-righteous parody of discussion.

I am just watching a program on BBC News about Thomas Heatherwicke, the UK designer. I am knocked over.

Why do people nitpick and harangue others when we can make things and play with ideas?

LB, I dislike doing conventional readings because I am so sick of being told what something means or that it isn't correct or "magical" to process something the way I do.

You have piqued my interest again by reading in this manner. I will make an effort to try it and question.
I whole-heartedly agree room. This thread has really warmed me. It is threads like this where our community really shines. We are working for the same cause; and together; helping one another and sharing information and experience. And it is threads like this that keep me returnng.

I completely understand what you mean about conventional reading. It took me a long time to get past what I thought I 'should' be doing and look at ways that I 'could' be doing. And now, my reading is a fusion of many different things. Some learnt from one place and others from gut instinct. And it feels right for me. I am very pleased to hear that it has also piqued your interest. I think that this method works well for anyone who has a lively imagination and enjoys story-telling, because it gives us great characters and plots, with a way of watching them unfold a little more clearly.

Thanks for your observation. It is lovely to note the lack of arguing in discussion and see people truely enjoying to play and try new stuff out.

LB
Top   #44