Margarete Petersen Study -Three of Coins

Rusty Neon

Wandering around on google.com for a few minutes, I see that the meaning of the symbol/word/sound Aum can, of course, vary according to the school of Hinduism and probably also the particular yoga tradition.

But there are quite a bit along the lines of the interpretation of Aum as given in the reiki article previously linked.

See:
http://216.239.37.99/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=aum+dream+waking

Little Baron

creating a sound ...

This is another one that I am finding hard to interpret.

I see that it is growth. A coming together on a physical level. This is likened to a creating a meeting place, here on earth.

I also see how Om, when spoken in meditation, is bringing your calm and inner meditation into the physical world by creating a sound.

So is this card about developing things in the physical world? Making things a reality? Once again, the foor makes a mark and grounds things on earth. A good card for starting a business, possibly, or finding a new home?

LB

firemaiden

Well, LB, as regards your house idea: Margarete Petersen's text suggests to me that she, like Crowley, may have taken account of geometry -- as 1 is a point, 2 is a line, and 3 is a plane (a triangle) -- one would need to get to 4 to have a solid, hence a house - however as she insists, this card "takes a chance on an opening which the preceding cards have sparked off".

She speaks of sacred space, and suddenly I am reminded that the RWS card - is depicts not only the collaboration of skilled trades (artisan/architect/stone carver - or whatever) -- but it is also the creation of a sacred space (a cathedral). Mircea Eliade wrote - that sacred space is created in the act of making a space secret -- secret/sacred --- it is the very act of delineating the separateness of the space that makes it sacred.

FM's translation of MP's text said:
To enter a new space.
The number three takes a chance on an opening which the preceding numbers have sparked off (loosened).
The wish to to create a space as much for retreat as for encounters, -- a place for new experiences and possibilities; it can also be a place for spiritual and other public gatherings.

From physical workout, Yoga, Massage, a new physical consciousness arises. On the material plane, Commerce. [At the mental level] Ideas and thoughts are solidified. All three planes: physical, social contact, [and mental] discoveries, work together in cooperation.

Little Baron

Thanks FM. That is a nice connection you make. I can see that.

LB