The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

Jyscal

I've just added a new entry to my blog for a very interesting reading done now using a new spread i had not used before. What i especially liked was that i found i could look at it from different angles which has changed my outlook on spreads in general.

rhombchick

Posted an interesting little conversation with my sorcerers deck....and yes... by little I mean looooooooooooooooooong....but it might be worth a read?

faunabay

You know I've been realizing I picked the perfect deck for my PDR. :heart: I'm still extremely interested in working with the Merryday - am learning a bunch and have no desire to switch.

This is just extra special for me because I do tend to jump around ALOT with decks. :laugh: I rarely stick with one like I'm doing now. Of course it does help that I can work with whichever deck I want whenever I want. But I'm surprised at myself not wanting to switch in my PDR.

Just thought I'd make the comment! :p I'm pleased with myself!

emmsma

Posted the rather long exercise I did on Sunday. I had great fun with it and I think it helped me to get a better understanding of the individual cards.

I'm really enjoying doing this PDR. And not having to exclude the other decks means I don't need to feel any guilt when working with the Ibis and Visconti Decks.

moonlitkim

Posted a reading that my daughter decided to help me out on! :D

~MoonlitKim

firefrost

emmsma and moonlitkim - I've read both your posts and just wanted to say I'm impressed!

I'm personally struggling to find questions for my readings - I may try incorporating a story or two, I'd forgotten how much fun it was to do that! :D ;)

moonlitkim

firefrost said:
emmsma and moonlitkim - I've read both your posts and just wanted to say I'm impressed!

I'm personally struggling to find questions for my readings - I may try incorporating a story or two, I'd forgotten how much fun it was to do that! :D ;)

Thanks! :D I'm horrible at thinking up questions too. Stories are a great way to get the cards to open up a bit.

~MoonlitKim

emmsma

Thanks for the feedback, firefrost. I haven't felt up to doing a spread, yet. This was my way of working with the cards and not pushing myself to a spread when I don't yet feel confident about what I'm doing.

I have found several spreads that i would like to try.

Tomorrow is my next day off - so its blog day, for me. :)
I think I will try to decide on a spread to try.

mooncat2

I've done two small posts using the Magical Forest.......more reflections than readings.

In today's one I mentioned the affirmations Mouse posts each week and that the list of questions at the end make great spreads. If you're stuck you might like to try them. :)

emmsma

Thanks mooncat. I've pillaged your blog for spreads. :)

I'll post when I use them - though my inner voice says try them with my Ibis Tarot. :)

I am again reminded why a PDR works so much better for me than an IDR.