3 cards a day...

BrightEye

Ok, here's a scan. It seems the King's cup is open after all, but it's different to the open cup of the knight and the page. The knight and page seem to have taken the top off the cup, whereas the King's cup seems more like the cup in the pip card and didn't seem to have a lid in the first place. I think the colour red is important as well. I think this king is very much in love and feels vulnerable as a result. Maybe he's putting on teh coins king behaviour to protect himself?

le_charior

I'll give this a go :)

What is important for me to know?
Deck: Fournier Marseille (my favourite Marseille :))

The Emperor popped out while I shuffled.

King of Coins - 7 of Cups - King of Cups

A relationship situation is on my mind.

Thanks for the image! The Fournier looks much better than I remember from the scans I have seen online, but to much colored backgrounds for me, still... ;)

I am looking at the cards and I know that it's about a relationship. Then I am trying to forget your interpretation for a moment, to give you a fresh view on them and I'll just tell you what comes to my mind, more as an experiment than as an actual reading, ok? (I should really look at the cards someone posts BEFORE I read their take on the cards, it's so hard to forget it again and come to your own view...)

What intrigues me is that one person is obviously looking at the other who is not looking back, but away. But still the Cup King is kind of turned towards the Coin King, just turned his head the other way. One partner is undecided, not sure of his or her emotions - sending mixed messages. Maybe even playing hard to get?

But the eight cup is there - so there is possibility for bringing the relationship to a new level. The 7 cups looks like someone, alone, between to possibilities, unsure where to go. If the King decides to turn his head, face the other person in the couple and bring his cup on the table, then we have 8 Cups, and that card looks like a couple standning between their two families at the wedding. The flowers from the 7 are in full bloom now.

So someone, you or him, must make a choice, a commitment with full heart. Lids off the cups! The Emperor for me embodies this choice - if you lay the card over the King of Cups you have him turn towards the partner. (It is the same guy to me, the Cup King and the Emperor, they have the same beard... Just different fancy hats :)) I would say I think it's you who needs to make the commitment, but that is mostly because I seem to remember you said you weren't sure about your feelings somewhere, so it could be him as well. If you are the King of Coins, then you should communicate with him (coins are for exchanging - so they mean communication to me). If you are the King of Cups, then I think he is waiting for a sign from your side, an openness, so he can communicate with you - he is holding that coin but seems ready to give it to you.

Let me know if you can relate to anything here! I went in a totally different direction than your own reading, but I think that's the good thing here, different styles, different insights (or at least it is fun to think about it and play with possible takes on the cards!)

BrightEye

This makes total sense, yes! He is waiting for me to make a commitment and he's not telling me everything about what he wants and feels, I think, until he has a clear statement from me. I may well be sending mixed messages, but so is he.

le_charior

The Coins King is his general personality and the Cups King represents his involvement with me. His cup is closed. He doesn't actually talk about how he feels but he lets me know in a roundabout way. At times, when we talk, his Coins personality comes through.

I see the 7 of Cups as advice to me to choose that one cup, the cup that is most important to me. There's a choice I need to make and he wants me to be absolutely certain about that choice.

The Emperor is part of his personality too. He is trying to put his foot down and call the shots, but I know that in his heart of hearts he is vulnerable.

It's really interesting that you see him in all the cards coming up - and you are facing these cards as different aspects of him. Nearly as if you, sitting over the cards, are communicating with them directly, so you don't need to be represented IN the cards.
I tend to see a lot of cards as versions of myself, not so much of other people - or if yes, then in relation to my alter ego in the cards. (maybe this would change if I had this one very special other in my life). Has this always been for you like this or did it change?

I think it's really complex and good to see the two Kings as two sides of the same person. Haven't thought about that yet.

The 7 Cups seems to say nearly the same thing to us - a decision, a development of the emotional kind.

Ok, I'll post some more cards later or tomorrow, for now, maybe someone else has a totally different view on any of our 3 card draws here? Feel free to jump in!

le_charior

This makes total sense, yes! He is waiting for me to make a commitment and he's not telling me everything about what he wants and feels, I think, until he has a clear statement from me. I may well be sending mixed messages, but so is he.

You're right, the Coin King is looking towards the other partner, but his body is turned away. So mixed messages on both sides, very good point!

Maybe you can draw another card to lay over the Coin King, to see what would happen if you turn into The Emperor, giving him a clear signal? You know what I mean?

moonbear

Finding all this really useful and fascinating too.

Thanks for your input le charior. Yes, those are my cards. My daughter bought them at the local hypermarché a couple of years ago for my collection. They are not my favourite, too much colour but weirdly enough I get really good readings with them, very accurate and to the point. Each card carries a lot of symbolism I think....Death seems to have a colourful plait running down spine! No idea what that means.

The reason I pulled a second lot of cards immediately after the first is because I was curious to see what a different set of Tarot would give me, if there were any common threads in the two draws, if they follow a common theme. A few days ago I did the same thing, two three card draws, and got Le Pape, Bateleur, Diable then on the second immediately after with a different pack I got Judgement, Magician and the Devil. I love those coincidences.

Thanks for the link. I'm studying like mad!

BrightEye

It's really interesting that you see him in all the cards coming up - and you are facing these cards as different aspects of him. Nearly as if you, sitting over the cards, are communicating with them directly, so you don't need to be represented IN the cards.
I tend to see a lot of cards as versions of myself, not so much of other people - or if yes, then in relation to my alter ego in the cards. (maybe this would change if I had this one very special other in my life). Has this always been for you like this or did it change?
I tend to read these two kings in particular as him as that his who they tend to refer to and have done for a while. Before this man came into my life I very seldom drew the King of Coins and then all of a sudden I drew him all the time. Also I never come up as a King myself. The other court cards, yes, but never a King for some reason. It's really just my experience with the cards that made me read them the way I do. In the situation described I'm the Queen of Coins or Cups usually.

Mnemonica

Le Charior, you have inspired me to look through the Il Meneghello decks again! I've been using Flornoy's Noblet and Dodal so much lately, I nearly forgot how lovely the Meneghello decks are. I'm going to jump into this thread with a general reading using the Marsiglia. I pulled:

Roy de Baston + La Force + Le Bateleur
IMG_2914.jpg
"/>

The first thing I noticed about this spread is that the Roy de Baston and Le Bateleur are both looking towards the woman in La Force. The Roy de Baston and Le Bateleur seem to be the same person, so I'm taking this as the Roy becomes Le Bateleur by way of La Force. He goes from clutching his club in a sitting, passive position to the confident Bateleur, who is standing up and actually putting his skills to use, showing his work to the world. For me, I immediately related this to a film project I've been working on with my boyfriend. We have nearly finished the actual filming, but we've both become a bit stagnant, not really moving forward the way we should be. We're both apprehensive about the difficult editing process ahead of us, unsure if we'll be able to pull it off. As La Force shows the woman stepping up to the challenge and prying open the lion's mouth, I think the overall message of this spread for me is that I need to step up, start the work again, which will inspire my boyfriend to do the same, and get us to the point where we have a finished product to show the world.

Thank you so much for starting this thread Le Charior!

le_charior

Le Charior, you have inspired me to look through the Il Meneghello decks again! I've been using Flornoy's Noblet and Dodal so much lately, I nearly forgot how lovely the Meneghello decks are. I'm going to jump into this thread with a general reading using the Marsiglia.
Hello! Welcome in this thread, good to see you here!

OMG this deck is so beautiful! I just ordered and paid way to much for shipping (seriously, the postage mark was 8,50 Euro, and even if the packaging was ok, that does not add up to 12 Euro... well what can one do...) - I should have gotten this one, too! I don't have a swiss deck! And such great expressive faces! Thanks for enabling me, Mnemonica, when I just vowed to not buy another deck for this year, after paying a lot for the Bologna... ;)
I pulled:

Roy de Baston + La Force + Le Bateleur

For once I managed NOT to read what you wrote about the cards before putting down my own thoughts! (it was hard, I am just too curious....) So here are my totally unbiassed thoughts on these three:

Clearly Force is the main character in this draw. She's wrestling with the beast in front of an audience. Is it a circus, a freak show? Will she put her HEAD into the mouth of the lion next? I always wonder if Force is actually trying to open the mouth of the lion or keep it closed, here it looks as if she wants to force it open. Why?

Le Bateleur is paying more attention to the Lion, while the King is eying La Force herself. Both don't seem to think about getting up and giving her a hand with the beast. Weirdly, in my head Force has really turned into a woman working in the circus, Le Bateleur is selling drinks and popcorn from his little table, and the King is the public in the VIP lounge....

So what could this mean, in a general reading for yourself... You are ... not struggling, that would be too much, it looks rather effortless - well, let's say you are dealing with quite a difficult task, at work I'd say. And you feel a bit left alone, not really supported by your colleagues or your family (Le bateleur) or your superiors (the King). You could need a helping hand, an assistant, someone to keep the mouth of the beast open while you stuck your head in. But you know that you can do it alone, you did it before. Still it would be comforting to have someone by your side, supporting you more.

Maybe you are making it look so easy to the outside that people around you don't know that you would like moral support or help? You are keeping up the facade of effortlessness, and then inside, secretly, you want them for not rushing to your help.

Ok, that was fun and scary, general readings are so hard! I am nervous about reading your own take now, mine could be so totally off! Sorry if I went over the top... :) I watched Tod Browning's "Freaks" a few days ago, I think the whole circus thing must come from there... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJVXTKkjsxA&feature=related

le_charior

The first thing I noticed about this spread is that the Roy de Baston and Le Bateleur are both looking towards the woman in La Force. The Roy de Baston and Le Bateleur seem to be the same person, so I'm taking this as the Roy becomes Le Bateleur by way of La Force. He goes from clutching his club in a sitting, passive position to the confident Bateleur, who is standing up and actually putting his skills to use, showing his work to the world. For me, I immediately related this to a film project I've been working on with my boyfriend. We have nearly finished the actual filming, but we've both become a bit stagnant, not really moving forward the way we should be. We're both apprehensive about the difficult editing process ahead of us, unsure if we'll be able to pull it off. As La Force shows the woman stepping up to the challenge and prying open the lion's mouth, I think the overall message of this spread for me is that I need to step up, start the work again, which will inspire my boyfriend to do the same, and get us to the point where we have a finished product to show the world.
Oh! We have two very different readings for these cards, cool! I am excited to hear if anything in my take makes any sense to you at all... :) I would never have thought that the two guys are actually the same - and that the middle card is what transforms him from the one state to the next, great interpretation! Makes very much sense to me - from passively sitting to actively standing.

And another idea: maybe the Roy de Bastons could also represent the actual work you have to do (his stave is highly worked, carved etc... for me he is about the craft, master craftmanship). You need to attack the work. And Le Bateleur, as a side of your project, could be about marketing, communication, finding partners, "selling" your film, pitching it - a part of work that should not be neglected over the labourious process of editing, but attacked with the same force?
Thank you so much for starting this thread Le Charior!
It's my pleasure, thank you for posting these beautiful cards and sharing your reading with us!