Thread: Death...
View Single Post
Citizen

Sophie 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGodmother
Apparently we fear public speaking more than death, statistically anyway.
eh, not I, I'm a real chatterbox, and give me a room full of people to speak to and I'll take them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGodmother
By your reaction to the card Helvetica I would think what scares you most is simply not knowing what comes next.
You know, it's weird. I actually love surprises. I love getting lost in a place and wandering until I get found again.

What scares me is material loss. Loss of resources. And not knowing if it's going to happen or not is a big issue to me. I also fear the no-man's land, life lived the same old, same old way, without risk, without adventure, without passion.

I see both here in this card - here is figure, reduced to - a ghost. Nothing at all around it, nothing to support it, no fountain, no food - everything elf wrote about. And in a no-man's land. A limbo.

You see the contradiction?

I've taken many risks in my life, but this is the first time I am contemplating one that will affect my material life, my resources (I've taken risks with my actual life before...). This is my issue at present and why I reacted so strongly to the card. It's actually (really) making me sick. But fortunately, there are a whole stack of happy healing ones in that little cardboard deck

I think the Faery Godmother's death would be gentle and loving, a gift.

Edited to add: btw, the other card I drew - to conjure this particular brand of death - was Laiste, Moon's Daughter - a bright and lovely faery to guide my through the dark grey night...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15