The Secret Tarot study group

Jypsie

After extended discussion in the Tarot Decks forum, a few of us expressed much interest in beginning a study group for the Secret Tarot (hehehe... my newest and favorite-ist acquisition ever). Here's what I propose, what do you guys think?

OK, structure is very good, very good indeed. What if we begin with the Fool, then go all the way through the Majors one by one. Then, we can study:

Chalices (Kingdom of Pleasure)
Pentacles (Kingdom of Richness)
Swords (Kingdom of Sorrows)
Wands (Kingdom of the Work of Man)

Any suggestions on how we should go about the rest? The stories behind the kingdoms and the unique presentation of the Fool's Journey definately should lead to some interesting discussion. Do we want to include some comparison study?

I have a very hectic work schedule and crazy life in general. Not sure I can commit to definately hit on one card a day or every other day- whatever. I wonder how many others are just like me in that respect? I thought maybe the best thing would be to have one thread for each card, but only open a thread for the next card once each of us feels satisfied with the current discussion. Some of these cards may take 2 days, others might take 2 weeks that way!! But that way, no one gets left behind.

Any takers on this proposal?

Table of Contents

Cerulean

I think that is fine-thanks

What I was curious about is how everyone likes the LWB and whether that adds or deters from the enchantment of the deck. To me, it heightens the words-and-pictures pleasure and I would prefer to also refer to the LWB when the interesting characterization comes up.

I have the 1998 version of the Secrets Tarot, but the 2001 seems to be the same. Here you can look at all the cards for the discussion and study:

http://www.gambler.ru/sukhty/decks03/d01541/d01541.htm

You might want to keep this link for reference. I hope the small deck that becomes available will be my second travel deck.

I look forward to people's comment

Mari

Osher

I'm in. I love the Secret Tarot. I'm happy to go with whatever system of study

contrascarpe

I'll pipe in when I can as I just got this deck and many of the cards are intriguing. I am involved in so many studies right now that my posts will probably me more reactionary than anything, if that is ok.

The first thing I noticed on these cards is how similar they are to the RWS but in alot of ways there are some profound subtle differences. The one that came to mind to me was the five of cups. Typically some of the cups are turned over and spilled and the person is dwelling on these. In this one, all the cups are upright. May not mean anything big, but in a small, subtle way I could read that differently.

Anyway, look forward to hearing some opinions on these cards.

Dan

Cerulean

Sorry, jumping to the two of pentacles

Three happy faces and a fourth sad face in the stone wall under the juggler, who could be a boy or a girl. The castle in a distance adds to the fairytale air.

It made me smile! You can see it in the above link I posted. I'm doing an online study class on fiction and I think the odd humor is going to influence me.

Mari H.

Jypsie

Ya, I love the two of pentacles for some reason, those smiley faces are so quirky... I'm wondering what they might mean, and what some others' opinions about them are?

Ya'll I'm working on my evaluation of the Fool card, I meditated with it yesterday and actually, turned the next card in the deck over right after and found the 8 of Cups, which seemed to strike an interesting corolation with me somehow... interesting. Will get around to posting it ASAP, but if someone wants to go ahead and start a thread on it, help yourselves!!

Rusty Neon

Hello .... Count me in. In fact, I've just posted, to the General Forum, threads on a couple of cards from this deck that have intrigued me. Heck, nearly all of the cards from this deck intrigue me.

I haven't been able to read with this deck yet nor to study it, and it's been sitting in my "art deck" pile even though that hadn't been the original intent when I purchased this deck. Maybe the input from you others in respect of this deck will help make me put this deck into the other pile. :)

Jypsie

A handy dandy table of contents has been added to the top of this thread you guys! Poke me if I get behind on it.....

Jypsie

How are you getting along with your personal studies with the Secret Tarot? It has become my everyday deck, at least for the time being. I'd also like to hear from some people who may be reading along but not joining in the discussions yet, for whatever reason =)

mj07

it's fast becoming my favorite deck to read from. I think I've connected with it best of all the decks I've bought or come across so far!