Sacred Circle Study group, graphics

magpie9

I agree. Some of the photography is amature-ish, some of the models look bored lost or badly posed, but overall, the visuals do a good job. I see the stiffness of some of the poses (the Kings, for instance) as coming form the tradition of painted Kings stiffly sitting on painted thrones.

I very much like that they are actual meaningful places in the UK, and the uses of symbolic plants, trees, etc. I especially like the totem animals being on the cards.

this was the first Photo-montauge or blend or whatever you call it (Photo Shop?) deck I ever ran into tht I really liked. they're making actual pictures here, rather than surreal montauges, and that helps me out a lot!

floracove

Alright!
That's it...
I can't stand it any more!

I got to go find my deck.

magpie9

floracove,
fulgour has kindly posted a scan of this card, and it is on the "warrior" thread of the Sacred Circle study group. So if you don't find your deck right away, you can still join in!

floracove

*woot*

I found them!
awwww, that's much better!
;)

inanna_tarot

Just thought i'd put in my couple of pennies.
True, i dont like the style. I like beautiful decks ( what can i say, i'm ruled by Venus lol) BUT, there is an inner beauty, a complete and utter honesty to these cards that just makes my eyes swell with tears. Its so integrated and well loved and researched by the author/artist. What i will say is that rather than being beautiful to the eye, its beautiful to the soul, and to the spirit and culture of the Celtic peoples.
When i hold this deck, read with it, i feel like other things are watching me, looking over with nodding heads and praise that i've never had with a deck before.

I might be able to join in on the card discussions as well :)

Sezo
x

MeeWah

Inanna_Tarot: We would be thrilled with your company!!

I am not generally familiar with photo-montage decks, but at the time I acquired the Sacred Circle, I already had the Cosmic Tribe. Though the artistic medium appears similar, they are very, very different in energy & beautiful in their character.

The Cosmic Tribe embodies a vibrant alternative approach freeing of inhibiting notions, especially of the societal influences. The Sacred Circle speaks of the integrity of ancient beliefs & traditions that are ageless on a core level--so agree with their soul language.

inanna_tarot

MeeWah said:
Inanna_Tarot: We would be thrilled with your company!!

Oh well with a greeting like that who can resist! I'll see what i can do lol.

I do like the cosmic tribe, a very modern deck. Although the media is modern in the SC it doesnt detract away from the ancient whispers that surround it. Its a very comforting deck and i love the border colours all fanned out, very pretty on my table :p

Sezo
x

Silverkitten

Well, I'm new to the forum and new to tarot. So, I may not have much to bring here yet. This is the first (and only) deck that I have. It was a gift from a friend, and for that reason it will always be dear to me. However, I personally don't care much for the "artwork" of the deck. The faces seem to be poorly done overlays in my opinion. They don't seem to "mesh" with the rest of the picture. I find it hard to work with this deck because I'm always drawn to the awkwardness in the pictures that I see. Maybe that is just my immaturity in the Tarot yet, or maybe I'm just a purist (sp?) and prefer the drawn artwork that I've seen in other decks.

Silverkitten

Fulgour

Hello Silverkitten! Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot :)
and the Sacred Circle Study Group!

I have a feeling you may be familiar with ~
The Hign Priestess

We've been going to start a thread on that card,
and it would be really great to have you join in!

~Fulgour