new cards

healing happiness

hi everyone, i was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to help me. my Archangel Michael oracle cards have just arrived. im itching to start playing around with them but, this is my very 1st set of oracle cards i have ever owned. before i start messing around with them. do i need to cleanse them? or anything 1st. i feel so stupid asking this. kind regards.

practical magic

When I bought the Earth Magic deck earlier this summer I just shuffled until I felt it was right to stop, then shuffled for a spread. I wasn't expecting much for my first go, but when I dealt the cards were pretty spot on. That's also all I did for my Healing With the Angels deck years and years go, but I was just a kid and only used them with my younger cousins so who knows how attune those were. :)

Celtictarot

hi everyone, i was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to help me. my Archangel Michael oracle cards have just arrived. im itching to start playing around with them but, this is my very 1st set of oracle cards i have ever owned. before i start messing around with them. do i need to cleanse them? or anything 1st. i feel so stupid asking this. kind regards.

If this is the AA Michael deck by Doreen Virtue, there are instructions in the guidebook for charging the deck.

healing happiness

thank you both so much

Altena

My advice would be to just do whatever feels right for you. I have the Archangel Michael cards myself(as well as most of Doreen's oracle cards) and the whole thing of letting light fill the cards and say a prayer and all that just doesn't gel with me.

I have gone through this procedure with a few of my DV decks, but with most of my decks I simply hold them in my hands and shuffle them just to get a feel of the cards(to infuse them with my energies, so to speak). The response I'm getting from the readings is just as valid and accurate regardless of which method I use to "cleanse" the cards.

Again, just do what feels right for you. Some people don't clear or cleanse their cards at all(especially not if they come shrink-wrapped right out of the factory), some people like to just sit and hold the decks while meditating on it. There are no fixed solutions or rituals that are more or less correct than others. Find your own way and no matter how you do it, the cards will respond to you and your personal energy :)

tohrutohno

I like to cleanse mine by setting them out on my patio table during the full moon. Since the full moon phase lasts more than just one night I usually let them sit for at least two. I have a covered lanai so they are protected from the elements. But the others are right, there's no wrong way to cleanse. Some meditate and visualize white light around their cards etc. Which ever way works the best with your energy is the best since you want the cards to pick up your energy when you read.