Decks you would like to see in a new edition (due to design flaws, card stock etc)

Obsydian

Did you get the self-published editon or the Lewellyn published one? If I recall correctly, I think the first edition had much better cardstock than the mass produced copies.

It's the mass produced version, but it's still not as flimsy as say, my Pagan Cats. It's held up to quite a bit. Actually now that I hold them together, it's the same thickness and cardstock as the Animal Totem Tarot, if you have that or have felt that.

greatdane

still would like to see a borderless Aquarian, but I fear with the pocket edition having come out last year, and it not being borderless, not likely to happen.

pollenpath

Inner Child Cards (Fairy Tale Tarot). I received my book and deck today, new, but the cardstock is so flimsy - marginally thicker than printer paper! I bought them specifically for use with clients as a tool to help them get in touch with childhood issues, so they'll be handled fairly heavily in the future, but I could tell from just carefully looking at one or two of the cards myself that they won't stand up to even the lightest amount of shuffling. I'm so disappointed. Did some review-reading on amazon and it would appear that the initial edition was printed on much better quality card, and this reprint has disappointed other buyers. I emailed Book Depository and they said they're happy for me to send them back as long as I pay the return postage! I can see me giving in and keeping them because they're so well-illustrated, the box is great and the book looks fab. But every time I go to handle them I'll be cringing at the inevitable, immediate scuffing to the card edges. And when I hand them to clients, chances are they'll get creased very easily :(

CosmicTarot

THIS!! :D And I don't care about the backing, I just want the DECK!!

Me too! BUT with a different back haha :) Why ruin a pretty deck with some weird washed-out sun as backing? Tarot/Oracle backs and boxes are a huge part when I decide to get a deck. However, I could make an exception for this one because it's just that good.

I wonder if they'll ever print it again? Probably not, huh?

Marcus R

Haven't looked through this thread but I'd like to see Shadowscapes in thicker cardstock, borderless and Thoth size. No more squinting.

lantana

Prisma Visions with totally different cardstock. No more gloss, and get the kind of glided edging that doesn't tear itself up. Heck, I might buy a sliverless edition if it meant I could finally use the deck as much as I want!

Also, the box it comes in really needs a ribbon.

Nepenthes

AC Thoth

AC Thoth: Lose the borders, perhaps keep the keywords.

JDusk

The Oracle of the Radiant Sun.

Mainly because it's OOP. But also, the backing *cries*, uninspiring to say the least.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oracle-radiant-sun/

I had never seen that one before! It's beautiful, and I love the symbolism. I'd love to see it reprinted!

Anyway, I was also here to say Shadowscapes. It has some of my favorite artwork of all the tarot decks I've seen, but I refuse to buy it in its current condition, I think it would just make me sad and frustrated. Those cards need to be big, borderless, and thick - preferably more matte. The moment they come out with an edition like that, I'm jumping on it.