Gilded -- First Impressions

Elly Magritte

First impressions!

I was drawn to this deck by the wonderful colours. I'm a softy for digital art (when done well) and this is definitely beautiful. I love the mix of machines and fantasy, and the atmosphere I get is that of something dreamy yet palpable, you could relate to it and be absorbed into a completely new world.

So, I'm a bit of a dreamer, I can let my imagination run away with me a bit, and the Gilded seemed like the right deck to aid me do that, to gain inspiration from those images. I'm a bit of a writer sometimes and writer's block can be hellish, but you could make a near-infinite amount of stories from the characters in the Gilded. The way that some of the characters seem to stare out at you, forget the Mona Lisa following you around the room, it's their expressions. They are only pictures on a card, but they evoke so much more than that.

Dragon Rider

I admit... I got the Gilded on *impulse* along with the book-set by Josephine Ellershaw entitled "Easy Tarot." I was drawn to the computer-generated images on the front of the box. Prior to getting the Gilded (and eventually the Tarot of Dreams and the Quest), I had never owned a computer-generated deck before.

I never regretted my "impulse-buy" at all... the Gilded is simply beautiful. :)

Faithfully29

The colors

I was looking thru the top ten cards and immediately the vibrant colors of the Gilded Tarot caught my attention. I must also say the Judgement card stood out for me, very beautiful. I was determined to get this deck so i went to the bookstore today and there it was on the shelf for me, like it was waiting for me. I am new to tarot so this is my very first tarot deck, hopefully it'll work for me.

Open Arms

The gilded was the third deck I bought and I felt the power of it the moment I took it out of the box. The cards speak to me and the feel almost like old friends.

I also have the Tarot of dreams....simply glorious!!

Faithfully29

Open Arms said:
The gilded was the third deck I bought and I felt the power of it the moment I took it out of the box. The cards speak to me and the feel almost like old friends.

I also have the Tarot of dreams....simply glorious!!

Thats great! The power you feel with this deck. Yes i saw the preview of Tarot of Dreams and thought this was another beautiful deck, this will probably be my next one.

bryghtrose

What attracted me to the Gilded was the juxtaposition of magical and mechanical elements in the cards.

planetmoon

Why I went Gilded

What a beautiful deck. I was attracted to it for the sharpness of the images, their real-life similarities and the whole cosmic, these-scenes-could-be-taking place-anywhere, quality. It is a deck I just want to hold and behold and that is enough for me. This is going to be my lead deck until I can afford Marchetti's Tarot of Dreams, but what a way to start!

Wow!