Mirror of the Soul

AbstractConcept

Babylon_Jasmine said:
The Book of Thoth, By Aliester Crowley is the best book on his deck, by far and away, the very best. I don't personally understand why so many people consider it a hard book either, it is WAY easier to read than "an illustrated Guide to the Tarot" by AE Waite.

Indeed. The language is never the problem with Crowley. I picked up this book to see anther perspective, contemporary, and also to see if the guy actually had any idea of the thelemic and theological aspects Crowley incorperated into his Thoth baby.
Zeigler totally ignored everything which made Crowley's Thoth tarot so amazing.

If there are any typo's in this, i apologise, I'm typing with 2nd degree burns on my hand. Had a run in with the firey part of water :S

Istari

Hmm noone care to answer my question?

Ross G Caldwell

Istari said:
Hmm noone care to answer my question?

I think there will be no difference between the US and German editions that will affect your understanding of the deck. The differences are in the extra cards.

archer1

I am a newbie to tarot and perhaps made a huge mistake. The Thoth deck was the second deck I bought after a Rider-Waite deck. I have read the book of Thoth and Duquettes book and crowley book of the law and a host of others and am still having problems learning this deck, and it hasn't been for lack of asking questions which most of the time went unanswered not only in this forum but others as well.

I did recently purchase a used copy of Mirror of the Soul and found very helpful as to whether or not he incorporated Crowley's Thelmic views I don't know it has been helpful...

Sorry about the spelling "haven't had my morning coffee yet...

Babylon_Jasmine

archer1 said:
I am a newbie to tarot and perhaps made a huge mistake. The Thoth deck was the second deck I bought after a Rider-Waite deck. I have read the book of Thoth and Duquettes book and crowley book of the law and a host of others and am still having problems learning this deck, and it hasn't been for lack of asking questions which most of the time went unanswered not only in this forum but others as well.

I did recently purchase a used copy of Mirror of the Soul and found very helpful as to whether or not he incorporated Crowley's Thelmic views I don't know it has been helpful...

Sorry about the spelling "haven't had my morning coffee yet...

That doesn't sound like a huge mistake to me. This forum can be very helpful, but a lot of the people on here tend to work on a very high, abstract, intellectual level, and getting started I can see you running into difficulty getting your questions answered. If you want to ask me any questions I am a professional reader and have been using the thoth deck for about 10 years now. Apparently I can't post my e-mail address here, but if anyone wants it send me a PM.

Istari

Ross G Caldwell said:
I think there will be no difference between the US and German editions that will affect your understanding of the deck. The differences are in the extra cards.

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply. :)