Vision Quest - Eight of Earth

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are eight pumpkins growing and covered with leaves.

Significant Details: The squashes are growing, thriving, giving a sense of groundedness. The pumpkins represent the Sun and personal power.

My Interpretation: You have your life in order. You feel grounded, and are self-disciplined during this period. This is a time of slow but steady development.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: If the pumpkins represent personal power, then this card is about us growing, but as the pumpkins take a long time to grow, it is a slow and steady development. The orange of the pumpkins represents harmony and contentment, so maybe we will be more in-tune to ourselves and happier?

When looking at this card 8 (Inner Order) and the 7 (Depletion) I definately get a sense of harmony, groundedness, things are slowly improving. We have almost reached the 9 (Accumulation), but we still need to grow to get there.

Lifeisabutterfly

Yes absolutely! In ancient times the pumpkins would certainly have meant power! Abundance, wealth, ease--food! (also owning land upon which to farm these pumpkins)
It's all about perfecting your craft and step by step becoming a master at what you do.
Nothing related to the suit of earth can involve quick solutions and miracles. Everything has to do with waiting, learning, sticking to it and working hard. (To whit the Knight of Coins and his equivalent in this deck) Thus the rewards will be, by that same token, more durable and gratifying. And because of this, we will surely be more grateful for them too, and conserve them better.

Soaring Eagle

Yes absolutely! In ancient times the pumpkins would certainly have meant power! Abundance, wealth, ease--food! (also owning land upon which to farm these pumpkins)
It's all about perfecting your craft and step by step becoming a master at what you do.
Nothing related to the suit of earth can involve quick solutions and miracles. Everything has to do with waiting, learning, sticking to it and working hard. (To whit the Knight of Coins and his equivalent in this deck) Thus the rewards will be, by that same token, more durable and gratifying. And because of this, we will surely be more grateful for them too, and conserve them better.

I agree, there is nothing quick in this suit. But it seems to be a suit of more secure footings. (not sure exactly how to state it, but definately more "earthy")

Penthasilia

Great post Soaring Eagle- and I really like this deck.

<sigh>

Looks like I may be adding to my collection again :)

Soaring Eagle

<sigh>

One can NEVER have too many decks!! I also have some that I want to add, but first to study the Vision Quest. If you get this deck you could study here with us.

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 8 - Movement, Change, Action or Inaction, Accomplishment, Power, Rebirth, Regeneration, Reevaluate

Keywords*: Inner order, slow but steady development, self-discipline, honesty, diligence, groundedness, frugality

Inner message*: Trust your inner development now – then watch how everything turns out for the best. You don’t have to control every detail to achieve what you want! Things unfold with the greatest ease and beauty when you don’t interfere with the flow of their natural development.

Outward manifestation*: Diligent work on a long-lasting project. With patience and frugality you now achieve lasting success. A positive attitude, coupled with a sense of order and self-discipline, result in further growth on all levels of your existence. You are learning to economize where a situation demands it, while simultaneously learning to thoroughly enjoy the fruits of your labor.

My Interpretation: After getting insight of yourself, rejoicing once more, being depleted – you have now nourished yourself, taken care of yourself and have watered yourself. You’re slowly finding inner order from within. You have definitely made progress and have developed steadily. More work needs to be done, but keep at it and you will achieve the next phase.

*From the accompanying LWB, in case you might want/need it :)

divinegoddess

<sigh>

The more we have, the better ;)
I love the fact that everyone has their own perspectives! They make me think of the card on a deeper level :)