amethyst and dreaming

hermit-IX

amethisyt is said to be a dreaming and psychic crystal.
does that mean the dreams you have with an amethyst can be described as psychic?

celticnoodle

amethisyt is said to be a dreaming and psychic crystal.
does that mean the dreams you have with an amethyst can be described as psychic?

Yes, the amethyst crystal can bring on psychic dreams. I can give you some of my experiences with this crystal that I can recall. I had dreams that predicted things to come in my future--and they did come to be. But, sometimes, I sleep with it near me, and I do not have these dreams. So, I can't say it will ALWAYS bring on psychic dreams. However, perhaps if you work with it specifically to do so--it will come to be.

hermit-IX

Yes, the amethyst crystal can bring on psychic dreams. I can give you some of my experiences with this crystal that I can recall. I had dreams that predicted things to come in my future--and they did come to be. But, sometimes, I sleep with it near me, and I do not have these dreams. So, I can't say it will ALWAYS bring on psychic dreams. However, perhaps if you work with it specifically to do so--it will come to be.

i ask because i had a dream telling me what i wanted to hear while using the amethyst.
i'd like it to be more than my inner wishes and feelings being expressed in a dream.
so i was wondering what kind of dreams an amethyst would make you have...

hermit-IX

i'm just trying to figure out if my dream was more of my unconscious getting sorted out, or if it could have been true.

jolie_amethyst

I sleep with amethyst every night and believe me, not a single dream I've had since I started doing so has been true. Not even a little. Which is good, because most of my dreams are pretty far out there. ;)

Personally, I'd be highly suspicious of any dream or vision that gave me just what I want to hear. Our minds are way too capable of creating false scenes based either on what we want or what we fear. And in my experience, psychic events feel totally different than anything else. I've never mistaken one for "possibly just a dream" or for something I've imagined or daydreamed over. I've known what they were every time, even when I've occasionaly doubted their truth on a logical level (until, as usual, they turned out to be right). Whenever I've experienced one, it's been unmistakable--whether or not it gave me something close to the result I might hope for.

Amethyst may open you to such experiences. It doesn't guarantee them.

hermit-IX

I sleep with amethyst every night and believe me, not a single dream I've had since I started doing so has been true. Not even a little. Which is good, because most of my dreams are pretty far out there. ;)

Personally, I'd be highly suspicious of any dream or vision that gave me just what I want to hear. Our minds are way too capable of creating false scenes based either on what we want or what we fear. And in my experience, psychic events feel totally different than anything else. I've never mistaken one for "possibly just a dream" or for something I've imagined or daydreamed over. I've known what they were every time, even when I've occasionaly doubted their truth on a logical level (until, as usual, they turned out to be right). Whenever I've experienced one, it's been unmistakable--whether or not it gave me something close to the result I might hope for.

Amethyst may open you to such experiences. It doesn't guarantee them.

good point, thanks

celticnoodle

true, I would never guarantee a dream I had as coming true. Some, I wouldn't even want to have them come true. But, when they do come to be, it is interesting that it occurs. :D

hermit-IX

true, I would never guarantee a dream I had as coming true. Some, I wouldn't even want to have them come true. But, when they do come to be, it is interesting that it occurs. :D

same, i was just wondering if the the amethyst would increase the likelyhood

jolie_amethyst

same, i was just wondering if the the amethyst would increase the likelyhood

I suspect that would depend on whether or not you already had a talent for predictive dreaming. Put another way, amethyst is my birthstone, so I've had it around me all my life from the time I was very tiny. It may have enhanced my claircognizant ability at times, but that is a talent I have had and demonstrated since I was very young, whether or not I was wearing or near amethyst when it happened. It has not given me psychic dreams, turned me into a medium, taught me how to use automatic drawing/writing, or otherwise changed anything else that I am capable of doing.

As near as I can tell, crystals enhance what's there. If I don't know how to play the violin and have no innate talent for music, no crystal is going to magically make me into an overnight concert violinist prodigy. Or even an amateur. At best, crystals might assist with my ability to learn the skill of playing, might boost my energy level or patience to practice regularly, and things like that. But they can't give me a talent I don't have, like perfect pitch.

So, if you have a talent for psychic dreaming, then I suspect amethyst could help that happen more frequently. For most of us, though, it boosts more active dreaming in general, or aids in lucid dreaming for those who don't already practice that skill (no inborn ability needed there, most anyone can do it).

hermit-IX

I suspect that would depend on whether or not you already had a talent for predictive dreaming. Put another way, amethyst is my birthstone, so I've had it around me all my life from the time I was very tiny. It may have enhanced my claircognizant ability at times, but that is a talent I have had and demonstrated since I was very young, whether or not I was wearing or near amethyst when it happened. It has not given me psychic dreams, turned me into a medium, taught me how to use automatic drawing/writing, or otherwise changed anything else that I am capable of doing.

As near as I can tell, crystals enhance what's there. If I don't know how to play the violin and have no innate talent for music, no crystal is going to magically make me into an overnight concert violinist prodigy. Or even an amateur. At best, crystals might assist with my ability to learn the skill of playing, might boost my energy level or patience to practice regularly, and things like that. But they can't give me a talent I don't have, like perfect pitch.

So, if you have a talent for psychic dreaming, then I suspect amethyst could help that happen more frequently. For most of us, though, it boosts more active dreaming in general, or aids in lucid dreaming for those who don't already practice that skill (no inborn ability needed there, most anyone can do it).

yes i can see how crystals in general would simply boost what's already there. thanks