View Single Post
Citizen

WalesWoman 
Citizen

At first I thought, well if Arthur was the Emperor then Guenevere had to be the Empress, since she was his queen, yet a barren Empress? It doesn't make sense, unless it's something similar to Arthur's sacrifice of emotion. There is no water in the Emperor. So perhaps to truly be mother of the land, she couldn't have any children of her own to distract her, so that she would pour her emotions more outward to the earth and all that get their sustenance from it. I know I'm probably repeating Lyones and others, but it's something that's bugged me.

I like the Empress as a card, but I'm going to have to do some searching for Guenevere, as a person. I'm not feeling very sympathetic for her. Tho' who can control sometimes who makes your heart sing and who doesn't? I guess she was brave and foolish to follow her heart, and very human. Hmmm, you could say she broke the trust of the land as well, by falling for Lancelot and doing something about it and the price of loving him was her barreness and unfulfillment in love as well. (Where was Linnet when she was really needed?)

Perhaps this was how the Holy Grail was lost!!! Auther was too busy planning his strategy, lining up power, too much time with the guys and not enough wooing her, making her feel beautiful and loved and needed and killed any chance of love between them. A woman ignored is vulnerable and one who professes his undying love and suffers visably from it, is almost irresistable. Perhaps her Christianity...oh man!

I haven't gotten a chance to read the Da Vinci Code, but I watched a special on the History channel the other night that discussed the book and the "facts" surrounding this, no one can say for certain is true, but very much of what is in the book was based on real places and people, real happenings, or atleast real writtings, it's very possible. Perhaps Guenevere carried the blood of Christ in her veins, if the Holy Grail truly was the child, Mary Magdalene carried and traveled with Joseph of Aramathea to Briton!
If Guenevere was the last of her line, by not having a child, the Grail would be lost!
Or did she have a child by Lancelot, secretly taken away? Was it a child the Knights sought? If she had Arthur's sons as some Welsh tales say, who were they, what happened to them?
Top   #6