View Single Post
Citizen

Sophie-David 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inanna_tarot
Just a funny note, that a lot of the English place names in Wales, sound far more welsh than the actual welsh names - my favourite being Abergavveny in english, which is actually Y Fenni in welsh lol. I love this strange land
Sezo, you're making me home sick for a place I've never actually been to! In common with many English people, we didn't travel around much when we lived there. My mother's family name was Llewellyn and I have a strong sense that my true heritage is Welsh, more so as I've grown older. There's that spiritual-psychic sense that I seem to have in common with her and her brothers - my mother said they were "fey people". And of course singing is my life.

Quote:
She has her green dress, and her purple robe, fertility and soverignity, linking her fertility to that of the land. Even the Christian monks would know the importance of this link and a fertile couple, so maybe that is a reason for the changing of the myth to suit their own propaganda - although she had a struggle she seemed to find a mid-way between Paganism and Christianity, and lots of monks and clerics would not have wanted to project this nice on the fence image.
Yes, the later writers were anxious to demonize Guenevere as a representive of the older traditions of feminine power.

Quote:
I really love this harp, and its a great bridging thought from the empress to the hierophant, Taliesin. Creativity, and the gifts that one could bring to the court with a good voice and an instrument were warmly welcomed! No tv n few books folks It could also symbolise her ancient knowledge, of the lore of her family and her role as the High Queen.
I agree, the harp emphasizes not only her creativity but the Empress as a source of story-telling knowledge and wisdom.

Quote:
All these seem to bring more of an empress feel than lots of fruits and a heavily pregnant woman. She really does seem to have more going on in her head, more intelligence and fertility than the usual Empress, or maybe I'm not very good at looking into feminine figures lol. A true equal to Arthur.
Yes, perhaps Anna-Marie was going more for the rulership feel. I've really wondered why she didn't have Guenevere pregnant and do away with all the debate over whether or not Guen was barren - but maybe Anna-Marie enjoyed leaving Guen as an enigmatic figure. I also considered if she wanted to emphasize the idea of Guen's lack of fulfillment with Arthur and the perhaps consequent romance with Lancelot.

Quote:
Lovely card, again, I wish these cards were bigger to see her wonderful face more clearly!
Yes, me too. I have good eyes, and I put the cards under a strong light when I'm studying them, but unless I have some idea what I'm looking for I don't always recognize what I see, such as the orb and the snakes entwining the sceptre. I suppose it was the usual marketing decision about the size of the cards - "Well that deck will only have a limited market, so we don't want to make the cards bigger and increase the price by five dollars". If a larger sized edition ever came out I would certainly buy it.

David
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7