RWS Tarot 101 Four of Cups

PAMUYA

Four of Cups

I see a young man sitting under a tree with arms folded appearing bored/uninterested in the three cups in front of him. Even the new cup being offered seems not to interest him. This new cup is being handed to him through a hand in a cloud, just like that of the ace, is this a new opportunity for him? Has the excess of love and attention he has received lead him to take this love for granted? The young man wears a red shirt (passion, desires), hopefully he will realize what he has before he losses it all.

Direct: Boredom, no problems but no joy, a surprise, shutting people out, success mixed with anxiety, need your space.

Reversed: New opportunities, options reconsidered, a sign/omen, finding your own meaning for life, purpose, satisfaction

More on 4 of cups: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=24132

rcb30872

When I look at the card it kinds of reminds me of certain stages of my life that I had. Like I sink into "depression" although, really speaking, granted some of the time it is depression, but it can also be like a turning point. Sort of like, well, I have this, that and the other, why am I not happy? why am I bored? why am I no longer interested? This is a sort of time that you just need to withdraw into yourself, to give you the opportunity to just sort things out in your mind, figure out exactly why you feel the way you do. Sometimes it is hard to do so, because life is so busy, we have to go to work, we have to get together with friends, there always seems to be something to do!

Generally, it is sort of realising that what you are doing you are just not satisfied with. But since there are so many things that are going on, in your life, it is hard to pinpoint exactly what the problem is. By isolating yourself, in a manner of speaking, you have given the opportunity to sort through the inner merde, so to speak, and get down to exactly what it is that you are not happy with. Once you have realised that, then that is the time when you can sort of move on from there, but that aint going to happen until you have figured out why you feel so restless, bored and unhappy.

No idea if that is right, but it just reminds me of the times when I have been like that, and eventually I have come out of it, and I just go about making the necessary changes. Since you don't know exactly what the problem is, you can't make the necessary changes, sure you can make changes, but ultimately, if they are changes that is not addressing the problem, you are still going to be left feeling blah.

PAMUYA

I think it sounds "right on" to me...

rcb30872

Oh cool, thanks Sassyjackal :D