Ludy Lescot - The Wheel of Fortune X

Aerin

I like this card.

I'm not sure if you should be running towards the Wheel and through the gap or towards the girl at the bottom of the steps though. She looks as if she is trying to be seductive? Is that figure escaping her or finding her?

Maybe she represents Lady Luck, maybe the spokes on the Wheel close and open the entrance, maybe maybe...

Hemera

I don´t know what to think of this one either. It´s so enigmatic, just like the Hanged Man. There is again so much heavy stuff in this picture: Destiny, Death, the Erotic, Going towards the Light.

I don´t get the message but maybe that *is*the message. That in the last analysis it´s all a very random thing who gets to go where?

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 986

Aerin

Yes.

I mean it is possible that she's licking her lips having dismembered and eaten a person whose bones are now scattered on the steps. And that the figure is racing away in horror.

Minotauro

hmmm... seduction.

you talking about it made me think of how luring it is for some people to trust in good luck ,they think everything's going to be just fine. and sometimes it is some other times well...

RunningWild

From the LWB: "When we are in the dark, we are attracted to the light like a moth to the flame. In the light, it is the darkness that beckons us."

I've been struggling with this one,too. It wasn't until tonight that I realized the connection to the RWS. Sometimes we're at the top of the wheel (the shadowy figure at the top of the stairs), sometimes at the bottom (the woman sitting), and somewhere between the two we're either ascending or descending (the bones of those who either perished in the descent or perished in the ascent).

Oddly, we are given first an image from the one who has reached the bottom or fallen off the Wheel. It's all hard work from here on out.

ETA: I'm skipping around here, I know, but wouldn't it be interesting if the shadowy figure at the top of the stairs is the same one in the Sun and Judgement cards?

Hemera

I´ve got this twice as the Card of the Day and both times gave me new meanings to jot in my notebook.
The first time was the day we went to the theatre and looking at the stage I was suddenly reminded by this card that I had drawn in the morning. There is a definite "theatrical" vibe in this card!
And the other day was recently when I heard some bad and surprising news about our finances (extra taxes..) -so I guess it was Madame Fortuna herself speaking through this card.

MaineGirl117

I have no doubt that this entire deck has a theatrical vibe to it. I've often laid out spreads then gone to watch a movie or show and the cards (while also answering my question) will outline the story of events going on in the show!!

Sorry to hear about the downturn of events financially. Could this be what was implied in your I :heart: Ludy Lescot reading??

Hemera

Sorry to hear about the downturn of events financially. Could this be what was implied in your I :heart: Ludy Lescot reading??
Ha! This is brilliant! Thank you MaineGirl117. I didn´t remember it but the SBC (Stabbed Baby Card) is the one where the woman has the broken jar and gold coins at her feet.. The expression on her face is the one I had on my face when opening the letter from the tax office :D This was the card I got for "the meaningful detail not to overlook" and I didn´t understand what it was all about. Now I know.

MaineGirl117

Okay - a bit of craziness with this card drawn as a Shadowcard yesterday for my daily draw. I was walking into work last night. I was out in the open, away from all sources of light, and A MOTH played Kamakazi with me and hit me smack in the face. PFFFTTT!!!

What's that all about!?

When we are in the dark, we are attracted to the light like a moth to the flame. In the light, it is the darkness that beckens to us."

Winterchild

wheel

I drew this card today and blogged about it on my blog (listed when you right click my avatar)...

If anyone has any input I would love to hear it.... I find a lot of these Ludy cards hard to grasp, but I am using them along with my Fallen Angels oracle for my Daily Draws so maybe this is why!

I see a lot of darkness into light and the whole cycle thing going on.... even the spokes of the wheel look like sun or moon rays.... continual change....