Contact questions with Lenormand

GoodnessGracious

Hi all!

For example, if doing a 5 card reading with the question "will X contact me within the next 3 months?" and you receive the Mountain as the first or second card in the spread and the Letter at the end of the spread, does it mean that the contact will not be made within 3 months - but it will come later? Or does the Mountain symbolize the delays and obstacles that have been in the past as well as in the present, but the Letter will arrive within the next 3 months?

Just not sure how to read it..

CosmicBeing

Hi all!

For example, if doing a 5 card reading with the question "will X contact me within the next 3 months?" and you receive the Mountain as the first or second card in the spread and the Letter at the end of the spread, does it mean that the contact will not be made within 3 months - but it will come later? Or does the Mountain symbolize the delays and obstacles that have been in the past as well as in the present, but the Letter will arrive within the next 3 months?

This is just my personal opinion and my experience with my cards.

Will x contact me? is a yes or no....usually lenormand gives an explanation. If you do not see cards that indicate contact...which is usually Letter or Birds. Then it won't happen. But the cards will explain why.

Letter came up for you... So I would say yes there is a good chance.
Mountain is a card of obstacles & delay. (even could be out of range)

I can't say if he 100% will or will not because I only know two cards in the 5 card spread.

But since letter came up in a reading asking if there will be contact that is a positive answer. Just now you have to see if the cards are telling you if it will take longer than 3 months for him to reach out or for some conversation to happen between you two.

Barleywine

Hi all!

Since I never read the cards individually but always in combination, I think it depends on what's between the two. Personally, I would read it as early difficulties in coming to the point of making contact, with the intervening cards showing how those are worked out such that the (written) contact can go forward (in modern terms, most likely a text message of some kind). As far as timing, Caitlin Matthew's approach using the playing card insets and the "near/far" method gives the Mountain (8 of Clubs) "near" as "in the coming month" and "far" as "difficult to accomplish" (which we've already assumed here). The Letter (7 of Spades) "near" as "with you shortly" and "far" as "subject to delay" (also already suggested by the Mountain). Since "near" and "far" don't really apply to five-card lines, I would probably stick with the "near" meanings and go with the "less than three months" probability. But the testimony of the "between" cards should be factored in as well.

GoodnessGracious

This is just my personal opinion and my experience with my cards.

Will x contact me? is a yes or no....usually lenormand gives an explanation. If you do not see cards that indicate contact...which is usually Letter or Birds. Then it won't happen. But the cards will explain why.

Letter came up for you... So I would say yes there is a good chance.
Mountain is a card of obstacles & delay. (even could be out of range)

I can't say if he 100% will or will not because I only know two cards in the 5 card spread.

But since letter came up in a reading asking if there will be contact that is a positive answer. Just now you have to see if the cards are telling you if it will take longer than 3 months for him to reach out or for some conversation to happen between you two.

Hi CosmicBeing! Thanks for replying. Yes, I did interpret the reading as a "yes, contact will be made" judging by the cards and the Letter at the end. That is why I was just wondering with the Mountain at the beginning, if it will be within the time-frame I asked for or if it will take longer than that.. Certainly there have been and still are delays around the whole situation. The reading interestingly gave me a slight impression that it might happen in the winter time and/or around a specific event related to my studies and work. So I'm thinking in late November, December or January.

GoodnessGracious

Since I never read the cards individually but always in combination, I think it depends on what's between the two. Personally, I would read it as early difficulties in coming to the point of making contact, with the intervening cards showing how those are worked out such that the (written) contact can go forward (in modern terms, most likely a text message of some kind). As far as timing, Caitlin Matthew's approach using the playing card insets and the "near/far" method gives the Mountain (8 of Clubs) "near" as "in the coming month" and "far" as "difficult to accomplish" (which we've already assumed here). The Letter (7 of Spades) "near" as "with you shortly" and "far" as "subject to delay" (also already suggested by the Mountain). Since "near" and "far" don't really apply to five-card lines, I would probably stick with the "near" meanings and go with the "less than three months" probability. But the testimony of the "between" cards should be factored in as well.

Thank you Barleywine! Very interesting.. The cards seemed to suggest winter-time and where I live winter sort of begins in November already (if not end of October some years). But I'm thinking it could even be in December or January.. Overall, the reading did give more of a yes. Other readings that I have done previously have also suggested contact. It's amazing how Lenormand so accurately and beautifully tells a story - which the cards have done about me and the person in question from past to present to future. Even when I haven't even asked about it specifically, but generally about my love life. They have shown - in future positions - a new beginning, healing, renewed contract/agreement, making up, having productive conversations etc. That is what prompted me to ask about contact now. And even if the Mountain is still present - because there are obstacles, delays etc. - the Letter is still there, showing contact at one point.