Ancient Italian Tarot

sapienza

I'm no help to any of you. :( Still considering a third copy of the AIT. I'm sure none of us would be in this position if it wasn't for the whole OOP issue.

faunabay

emmsma said:
Well, I had decided I didn't need the AIT. I have the El Tarot. I have Tarot of the Master. I am waiting on a Classical LS and Ancient Tarot of Lombardy.

Yet, I am starting to pine for the AIT as well.

I can't even tell you how many times I've reread this thread. Thinking of just printing it out.
**ROFL**

This is SO me too!!! })

SolSionnach

Bob at Carte Karuta is da BOMB.

I ordered my spare AIT on Saturday, and IT GOT HERE TODAY.
I opened it up to make sure it was complete (it was, yay LS!) and put it away for safekeeping.

I've been shuffling my AIT while sitting at the computer for a couple of days now... I :heart: LS cardstock and lamination. Just. Perfect.

:thumbsup:

Le Fanu

This thread is just laughable... I mean, how weak-willed are we?

I had a back up of the Ancient Italian, but sent it to Sapienza. Then after this thread got going I decided I needed another one. I bought one. And this one isn't going anywhere. At least, not yet. Maybe in a few months it could go to Sapienza as her third copy...

Like sravana, I checked all the cards were there, tucked it back up and put it safely at the back of the tarot shelf.

Then I bought another Tarot of the Master, and am finding it hugely exciting not taking the shrink-wrap off. How thrilling is that?

Then I thought Id better get another Ancient Tarot of Bologna. I mean, I don't really use it a lot, but feel as though I ought to. You never know, it might become a future fave. And rare. So I bought one of those too (book depository.uk).

Then on reflection, I realised I had back up copies of all my favourite historical Scarabeo decks. Classical tarot, Ancient Italian, Ancient Tarot of Bologna, Tarot of the Master, Minchiate Fiorentina (and also the Conver Ancient Tarot of Marseilles). Back ups of everything in fact except the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy. Does this mean?.. O god.... just for the sake of completion? Am I doomed to have to buy this too?

The Ancient Italian has a lot to answer for.

SolSionnach

OMG Le Fanu, that is just hilarious.

No, you *don't* need another copy of the Bologna. One is enough. I love that deck, but reading with it?? ALL the faces look exactly the same.

Do you have an extra minchi etruria? I don't. And I'm not gonna. I might even sell mine, eventually.

emmsma

Oh, sell it to me! Its on da list. I have some slight control, as I don't plan on getting a Bologna. I'm thinking about the Conver.

Le Fanu

sravana said:
OMG Le Fanu, that is just hilarious.

No, you *don't* need another copy of the Bologna. One is enough. I love that deck, but reading with it?? ALL the faces look exactly the same.

Maybe that's it. They do look a bit samey, come to think of it. I like the deck, but can't understand why I can't read with it... I thought it was the little dots down the side...

But I was talking about a back up of the Lombardy...

sravana said:
Do you have an extra minchi etruria? I don't. And I'm not gonna. I might even sell mine, eventually.

I do have an extra Minchiate. I have an excuse, as I have two houses (that's what I keep telling myself). Often, they're not really back ups. two working decks in different locations.

But you know what Ive noticed on the slippery back-up slope? You get your back up, then put it side by side with the first one you got and then you notice that the second one looks paler, more washed out than the first one. I noticed this with my 2nd Vieville. So you start thinking of one as substandard and it sort of kills it, really...

( am I going mad?)

However, (back on topic), the Ancient Italian has consistant, very consistant colours. I should know, I have had so many pass through my hands! You can buy back-up upon back-up and the colours are all the same quality. Hurrah for Scarabeo!

SolSionnach

emmsma said:
Oh, sell it to me! Its on da list. I have some slight control, as I don't plan on getting a Bologna. I'm thinking about the Conver.
Hon, that Minchi Etruria is on *everyone's* list who doesn't have it!

I won't be selling it anytime soon, because as soon as I do, I'll miss it. The other minchi I have is Brian Wms's - and I really don't like those cards. Too bare and sparse.

This is just about my fav: http://www.tarot.org.il/Minchiate Carte Fine/ Unfortunately, the link to the whole deck is now dead. :(

ETA: here it is! http://www.endebrock.de/coll/pages/i31.html

Then there's the "Al Leone" one, you can see here: http://www.jokercards.ru/spain/prado/prado007/prado007.htm

Those 2 are the ones *I* want!

faunabay

Le Fanu said:
I had a back up of the Ancient Italian, but sent it to Sapienza. Then after this thread got going I decided I needed another one. I bought one. And this one isn't going anywhere. At least, not yet. Maybe in a few months it could go to Sapienza as her third copy...
Or it could go to me as my first copy!!! })

Or my second if I can actually get an ordered one to get to me that is!!! LOL

emmsma

Nice decks, both Sravana, but you WILL NOT tempt me into adding even more decks to my list.

YOU WON"T!
really.