the 'Black Lilly' Tarot

Annabelle

Interesting, isn't it? I spotted it earlier, myself.

And I bought the first copy the seller listed - a plain black & white copy at a slightly lower price - you can see some pictures here: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=6942266

Edited to add: Just for informational purposes (I like to be complete about these things), the copy I linked to sold for $30 USD, and the copy rota linked to sold for $40 USD :).

WalesWoman

As of right now, it's sold out.

Annabelle

My initial impression - which could be entirely wrong - is that the seller listed the first copy with a plan to "wait and see" before listing a second copy . . . which the seller did, less than a day after I purchased the first copy. And then the second copy sold pretty much immediately after the link was posted here . . . so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a third copy appear for sale soon, and so on as (or if) they continue to sell.

rota

I'm hoping for a review once you have a chance to experience them!

6 Haunted Days

Gorgeous, love the presentation. And it's (so far) quite affordable!

Annabelle

My copy is here!!! :D :D :D :D

Lovely presentation . . . the bag fits the deck quite snugly, and is very well made. The deck and bag also arrived in a larger cotton drawstring bag that, I suppose, served to help protect it during shipping.

So....the deck. Very nicely made. Larger than a regular USG deck, but smaller than the Druidcraft - a very nice size to show off the art, in my opinion, but still leave the deck easy to handle.

22 cards plus a title card, unsigned and un-numbered. Comes with a very nicely printed fold-out "LWB" that includes a suggested 5-card spread.

Strength is VIII and Justice is XI. All card titles are traditional (in the RWS sense).

No coating or lamination. Square corners (not rounded). Off-white card stock with a very smooth, matte finish. Love, love, love the paper chosen for the card backs - a marbled black and white and grey and gold. The gold has a metallic sheen that is quite pretty.

Mine is plain black and white, the first copy sold before the seller started listing copies with hand painted colors added. I have to say, I really like it in black and white.

And the art . . . very modern, very feminine - women are featured in every card (the Hanged Man is a woman, for example). The Lovers card does show a man and a woman, though. Lots of breasts, but pubic hair is shown in the Lovers card (and perhaps elsewhere).

Overall, most definitely worth the $30 I paid . . . it's charming and unique and quite nicely presented. I'm very happy with it!