"School For Beginners"

214red

remember that your reality, or truth, is just that, its yours. there is no universal truths, everything will always be subjective.

So therefore its worth remembering that what works for you, isnt what will work for everyone.

Energy management as a phrase for example, seems like it means different things to you, and then to me. we seem to agree on the idea that everything has energy, but not how to manage it, this is likely because we do different disciplines.

techinically its the psychic part that gets information from an object, the mediumship is related to the concept that some energy has a consciousness (i.e. Loved ones, guides). mediumship is about being a channel or a conduit, you can only do that when something is interating with you, and the energy from an object cant do that, you can read the impression of the energy and therefore the persons energy, its only when you start interacting with an entity does it become mediumship

I understand your trying to help people, but your at risk of alienating people by insisting on energy management, rather then allowing people to have their own opinions.

lord_ewin

That's the whole point of 'Aeclectic' in Aeclectic Tarot, various ideologies working around the table in learning. IE: Leave our preconceived ideas at the door and open our mind to different ways of thinking. We aren't looking for Reiki Masters or Medium Masters to teach how things ought to be according to REiki Master So-So or Medium Expert Za-Za. They have to leave their titles behind and accept that this is a learning group and that their ways don't jive with everyone. Simple fact.

"Their way" is not the only way, and it's important for people to know of all ways to make informed choices, and expand on their practices. Your way is actually valuable, just not what everyone wants to learn, or everyone practices. Some of us are more practical and scientific, while others are more Wiccan and Spiritual. It does not take away from their success at reading cards. Period.

What matters are results and repeat customers, not the stuff you do in the backround to get it all working for you.

Now getting back on topic, if you managed to underline some actual problems that you might have had before you started the energy work, I think we'd all be interested, and it might clue us 'more experienced readers' into it's actual usefulness or just confirm what we already know from experience that we haven't needed it in 10-20 years, and aren't likely to adopt it. We are still open to hearing and discussing it with an open mind, and it will also help the newer people in getting the information they need to decide and adopt their own pathes.

Good work so far, btw! :)

LE

LadyZelda

I understand your trying to help people, but your at risk of alienating people by insisting on energy management, rather then allowing people to have their own opinions.

Sorry to see that you have not understood a word I said. Visibly, you pick and choose what I say and get it out of contect...

You should re-read my last statement and I will make it easy for you by copy/paste it

"..confirming a truth that I go by “we are not all on the same page, so must all agree to disagree and follow our own path”"

This ends this discussion as of for me, this has nothing to do with the school for beginners. If you want to learn about the Lenormand Oracle you are more than welcome, but if you want debates please start your own thread.

lord_ewin

Red is actually a very experienced and respected member of our learning circle. I'd really like it if you didn't belittle her (and others) just because they don't agree or see things differently. Her views are valuable, and more so since we know her.

LadyZelda

Red is actually a very experienced and respected member of our learning circle. I'd really like it if you didn't belittle her (and others) just because they don't agree or see things differently. Her views are valuable, and more so since we know her.

Here it is again:

… confirming a truth that I go by “we are not all on the same page, so must all agree to disagree and follow our own path”

lord_ewin

Now getting back on topic, if you managed to underline some actual problems that you might have had before you started the energy work, I think we'd all be interested, and it might clue us 'more experienced readers' into it's actual usefulness or just confirm what we already know from experience that we haven't needed it in 10-20 years, and aren't likely to adopt it. We are still open to hearing and discussing it with an open mind, and it will also help the newer people in getting the information they need to decide and adopt their own pathes.

Good work so far, btw! :)

LE

Alright, moving on. Did you have any experiences of how things were for you before you took energy management?

Empath111

I hope we can move past preparing for readings. We are all different and bring different things to the table. Which it is a good thing we are all different :) I hope we can move on at this point and let Lady Zelda do her thing. I'm happy she offered to teach. Maybe a separate energy thread could be created to continue the debate. Just a thought. Then we could get to learning the cards:D. L

MoiraKarin

I didn’t expect this first class to turn out that way with the subject of Divination, so far I had known no other basics then those I shared….I’ve got to say that I am astonished to find out that most people on AT do not acknowledge the reality of energy, and energy linked to divination cards. I know many people who see things the same way I do and I have read many articles of people I don’t know on the Net who visibly see things that way too…so, I had assumed that this was a general belief in the Esoteric circle….well, I see that I had the wrong picture, AT visibly gathers many who do not see things like that…

For those of you who have a certain concept of energy, do have it also in a different way…For me and those like me, we believe in using energy management when we buy a brand new deck, to get it to a neutral state, meaning free of any energy from anyone who handled it because we believe that energy is carried by all beings and also carried unto objects that these beings have touched.
This is why a Medium can “get info” about someone by just having access to something that belonged to that person. This is why people use Feng Shui, because energies are also lingering in rooms. That is why some people will organize and decorate their home the Feng Shui way…We use incense before a reading because we believe that this room we are in needs to be “cleaned up” from the energies that are lingering in, and that could influence the reading. Just like one cleans regularly his/her house on the material level, some clean their houses also on the “immaterial” level. And I’m among them…

I am also surprise that none of you believes that there is a lot of energy going on when practicing divination, even with cards (for instance the reader and/or querent releases positive or negative energies while reacting to the message of the Oracle or Tarot, etc… )
Therefore, that energy will linger on the cards as well as in the room and need to be dealt with. That is why; many professional readers will cleanse their deck after a day of reading or even for some of them during their day in between clients. They want their deck to go back to a neutral state. They believe and I do too, that otherwise the energy gathered in the cards will alter the next reading session…

I have to admit that I’m really baffled while reading your posts, this is really a “first” for me, never heard that before from Tarot readers, Medium, Reiki Masters, etc…This is quite intriguing while confirming a truth that I go by “we are not all on the same page, so must all agree to disagree and follow our own path”

Anyhow, Bright Blessings to you all and happy study…:D

To be clear for me ..I do not think cleansing cards using incense or thinks like that is useless what i am saying is , i believe it will be a good thing to let readings be seperate from these rituals .

lord_ewin

I hope we can move past preparing for readings. We are all different and bring different things to the table. Which it is a good thing we are all different :) I hope we can move on at this point and let Lady Zelda do her thing. I'm happy she offered to teach. Maybe a separate energy thread could be created to continue the debate. Just a thought. Then we could get to learning the cards:D. L

Or we could do that. :D. Given that Lady Zelda wants to lead the study group, I was giving her a chance to finish, but I'm sure the cards was the main driving idea behind this thread's purpose. :)

Wendywu

To be clear for me ..I do not think cleansing cards using incense or thinks like that is useless what i am saying is , i believe it will be a good thing to let readings be seperate from these rituals .

Good point.

I fear this group is at risk of getting bogged down before it starts ...

Not everyone works in the same way; it seems this is accepted by all. The group is, I think, intended to help newcomers to Lenormand learn how to read the cards. And that is all. Not how to work with energy (if anyone wants to learn this, that is great but please keep it separate to a Lenormand teaching thread).

So - given the basic idea that you guys want to learn how to read Lenormand (and will each go about the preparation in his/her own way) - is it time for you to move over to a thread where the signed up participants can be listed, and a start on the actual learning made?

If so, it will also be time for Aulruna and I to think about a beginner's index.