HOLIDAY or SEASON THEMED Lenormands

Aster Breo

I do admit the KEY threw me a bit, as at first I thought Ankh, rather than just Key and I GET the Key of the Nile reference, I'm just used to a regular Key and when I look at a deck, I want the image to instantly pop for me.

I had the same reaction -- except I didn't figure it out, because I'm not very familiar with Egyptian symbolism and hadn't heard the Ankh called the Key of the Nile until now. I thought the Ankh was being used as the Cross card.

greatdane

Hey, I didn't even get the Cross, Aster so you're ahead of me :)

I just kind of drew a blank for that card. With Lenormand, I want to read a deck out of the box and instantly know the card. I have had decks where I could LEARN a card and remember what it represented, but yes, the Ankh threw me! Clever symbolism though.

reall

:)) ok, happy you noticed!^^ I wanted this deck to be bit off tradition and standard key image didn't seems to work with my idea!:)) same goes with cross and few other cards!^^ guess it's always one or two cards that put you off!^^ and actually when I started this deck I had idea to make it more original like to offer to redesign one or two cards so each deck will be different? but I'm not confident to do that with my cranky laptop and mouse!^^ and I feel obligation to finish book first!^^ and to be honest I think it's not one or two cards I mean even if those two aren't spoilers for you would you seriously order this?x,x ;)) lolz

on topic I think my fav Kendra Hurteau and Katrina Hill have fantastic seasonal lenormand!^^:))

greatdane

I commend your creativity, Reall

It's just that with Lenormand, I look for images that resonate with what the standard images of just KEY, ANCHOR, etc. are. Especially for those starting out, if they can't see a basic image, it can make it difficult and confusing.

What I love about Lenormand is the simplicity, it's not tarot and an image that is easily recognizable is literally and figuratively...KEY.

Your deck is bright so I see the Spring reference I think and I'm sure many will love it. As a Lenormand, it just isn't for me personally.

I am also looking forward to many new seasonal and holiday decks that have yet to be even thought of. Hopefully this thread will spur more artists to jump into the fray as well.

Many blessings on your venture, Reall

LindaMechele

Adding my wish for one with ALL winter snow scenes as well. Winter is my favorite season and right now, this time of year, I sure do miss it. Summer lasts SO LONG down here in Texas that I just get sick of it and don't even want to look at it. So I close the blackout blinds, plug in the Christmas lights, and pretend it's really nighttime in the dead of winter. Having a winter snow scene Lenormand to lose myself in at those times would be awesome!

I will be getting Seven Stars' Winter Solstice Lenormand this month, with numbers (because snowflakes!) just because of this. There are a lot of snow scenes and quite a few with poinsettias, Christmas ornaments, and berries, but not all are that way. Bummer, but you can't have everything I guess. Just have to decide on borders or no borders...

Now to wish for a winter snow scene TAROT to go with them!

reall

OK!^^ thank you all for best wishes!^^

now I have vision for winter theme;
rider would be eskimo on a ski or santa?:))
clover would be a real luck in snow!^^ lolz
ship would be canoe or ice breaker?x,x ;))
eskimo house n people in same fasion!:))
ny tree
bird would be white owl
polar bear
polar fox
husky
etc btw I think diferent theme would give it diferent perspective?
and it would had to be a great artist to paint all that snow and not to look boring! facepalm I don't dare to do that until i get better tablet!^^ lolz ;))

so hopefully it's on younger generations to make!^^ ;))

greatdane

Reall just something to think about

LOVE your ideas you hope someone will make, just adding a few thoughts.

BIRDS are often seen as communication, so two birds work much better for me as at least two birds can be talking to each other, chatter.

Sheep?

Some readers care about the color of a Fox, I personally don't, but some do. A white fox would be fine for me.

Same with polar bear. But again, some readers have other preferences.

As long as the Husky looks friendly, loyal, not mean, a Husky would work for me. I see the DOG card often as loyalty. Friendly.

One of the biggies for me is that there aren't two or more Lenormand images in one card or images you can't really distinguish, like a tree and a house, Which card is it? Or a child and a dog. Is it showing the Child as primary or a loyal Dog?

So while I like your vision you hope someone will make, I hope anyone contemplating a Lenormand will just keep the basics in mind. It makes it much easier to read, especially for those new, if image is clearly what it is supposed to be. For me, Lenormand should be able to be read out of the box, that the images are that clear.

BUT GREAT IDEAS for a winter one, Reall!

Padma

GreatDane said:

I believe by "sheep" she meant "Ship" ;) note she mentioned a canoe and an icebreaker as possibilities! :laugh:

Reall, I like your ideas for a winter deck!

greatdane

:) Thanks PADMA

I was trying to think what an icebreaker would be, but that makes sense.

I think it's great that deck creators are, well, creative, I just like decks that stick with not just the image, but how an image is often seen. Everyone has their own meanings, of course, but many seem to share some basic meanings and those are based on clear images. I LOVE the idea of seasonal themed decks and hope some artists will feel inspired to do them.

I just hope those who do them, if they aren't readers of Lenormand themselves, do look at the basic images instead of going far afield and making what looks more like an oracle than a Lenormand. It's great to pull a deck out of the box and just see and get, oh yeah, that's the.......card! :)

Looking forward to seeing what the New Year will bring for decks in 2016!

Yelell

My talent exists in drawing stick people. I can envision what I want, but not make it. So I put my wishes out there and hope someone makes the deck(s) I want.

I've been wondering about available public domain winter photos/scenes/art etc. You could always search through until you found a scene for each that spoke to you.

Or even take pictures in the winter. A lovely old skeleton key hanging from a ribbon on a snowy wooden fencepost perhaps. Its a thought.