Identify RWS deck "The Cards"

rwcarter

Wow, I commend your internet searching skills. I searched for over an hour and could not find a thing. What search engine did you use, out of curiosity?
My google-fu always seems to work better on behalf of others than it does for me. :) What finally worked for me was an image search for "Alpha publisher logo" I found it way down the page. (Of course that's not working now.) Then I did an image search for Alpha Books tarot deck and got https://www.google.com/search?q=Alp...Fidiots-guide-tarot-deck-and-book-set;332;400, which led me to the deck and book set.

Please report back on the deck when you get it!

Rodney

roppo

It's very interesting they're using the University Books pictures. The inner of The Fool's right sleeve is painted yellow. I'd like to know more about it.

rwcarter

It's very interesting they're using the University Books pictures. The inner of The Fool's right sleeve is painted yellow. I'd like to know more about it.
Thanks roppo! I'd have never figured that one out without a whole lot of research that I don't have time for right now. That explains the lack of USG copyright then.

Rodney

garmonbozia

My deck came!

It does seem to be a more subdued version of the University Books. Colors are less bright. Yellows have a slight green tinge.

I really like this deck actually. The card stock is thin, but very nice, IMO. Not sticky like the University Books deck. The card are thin enough (and slide easily enough) that when I riffle-shuffle, I can push the cards together instead of having to bridge.

I wish the coloring was as bright as the UB deck, but the card stock is much more user firendly. I'll likely use this deck as a reading deck.

garmonbozia

If anyone else is curious enough to get this deck, and doesn't want the book/deck set, the same eBay seller I got mine from is selling another one: captainsheerlegs

Laura Borealis

Thanks for the tip. About how big are they?

garmonbozia

Same size as the UB deck. 2 3/4" x 4 11/16"

Laura Borealis

Thanks! So, basically standard size. The listing said "about the same size as normal playing cards" which made me think they were small.